10.8V?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a 10.8v drill/driver to go into the toolbag to speed up the the removal of accessories etc. Some of the places I go into you'd want to be out of sharpish ;)

Looking at makita set and bosch drill.

makita because I'm hooked on their build quality vs cost the set is about £130 or the bosch drill which looks like it shares the same battery format as the dremel!?

http://www.buyaparcel.com/p/makita-10-8v-lxt-lithium-ion-tools/makita-lct204w-10-8v-lithium-ion-li-ion-white-drill-driver-impact-223112/

http://m.screwfix.com/pr-gallery.htm?id=71236#imggal1

Any experience of either? Or any other suggestions are welcomed.

Think I broke screwfix :lol:

:)

I like the Bosch one, it is also possible to butcher the battery to fit a dremel which might be useful.?

Searched for the AEG but could only find a set for £120 seems that one of our favourite sheds did them at for £70 for a while and theres few about these days, also think AEG use the same batteries but 12v.

I like the makita also but don't really need the driver or a radio or an f'in torch!

Also my not be so good in white, may end up nicotine brown :(

Thanks for your inputs

I also have the blue Bosch drill and impact driver. Handy kit, I got a free torch and case at a show. It's quite incredible using the little impact driver to put in 4" screws....

Lithium Ion so holds charge if not used every day

I bought a cheap and cheerful one from SF a month or so ago.... Took it back within hours as it was useless,,, too slow and not enough torque

So I'm back to my 18V Makita LXT set and a set of drivers

I rarely use the drill now as I bought a bare SDS and its much better

I use a cheapo B&Decker jobby.    Very small , enough torque for an 1" 1/2 X 8 into timber .  

Use it mainly to run plate screws in & out ,  similar to this without the movable grip.

Also use it to open & close all the terminals in consumers   ( Yes I know its frowned on ....finish them off with the  (+) (-) Driver)

7114016_R_Z001A_UC1089510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I often use a powered driver to run screws in until they "nip" up, on all sorts of kit and finish off with hand driver, that includes sockets, and mcb's etc.

My WRULD won't let me do much else TBH.

Had the Bosch, lasted approx three half years including an 18month return for new switch, have now moved onto the milwaukee 12v fuel (brushless motor) and superb piece if I do say so myself. Have the fuel for the 4.5mm flat screws and the older 12v brushed motor milwaukee with a Pz2 bit in, the combo work very well together. :)

have an older type milwaukee 12v [the cheaper basic model] and it drives 4" 8s in ok,

I normally only use it for 1&1/2" 8s mostly, a bit slow for drilling, but fine for PVC etc, even the odd 10mm hole in wood.

I have the Makita set in the regular colour way not the white.

My set is in a hard flat plastic case and came with a radio.

I think i got mine on special from screwfix for £150

Good little set, radio is good. I keep a hole cutter set and drill bit set inside. Sometimes that little case is all i need.

Arghh....was almost sold on the Bosch and now I'm having second thought's :(

There is a makita that's not in a set with a proper holster :lol:

I'm looking at screweys as I can stop by one of their many branches today. I also noted that the erbaurer and titan ones got 5 stars which I don't believe for a minute!

Still confused. Com

Well, what you should have done is gone with gut instinct bought the one you had looked at, then given a review on it,

Then we'd have told you you bought the wrong one!!!!! :) happy days

Well... In the end I went for the makita ;) but not the white twin pack. Just a drill driver with hammer action & 2 batteries.

Also ditched screweys as everything is next day even though it says in stock.

went to franchi's on holloway road as they've got a good selection and the staff are very helpful. took a bit of a hit on the price but am happy to do that to keep these guys going :)

Will report my findings when I get a chance to use it.

Arghh....was almost sold on the Bosch and now I'm having second thought's :(

There is a makita that's not in a set with a proper holster :lol:

I'm looking at screweys as I can stop by one of their many branches today. I also noted that the erbaurer and titan ones got 5 stars which I don't believe for a minute!

Still confused. Com
Ah....common misconception that!

They are NOT stars, they are in fact 4r$eholes

Just saying