17th Edition Calculator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubalec

Reaction score
Hi There

I was on a website week before last and found that they would take you through step by step doing electrical calculations,but they specified that all these calculations would require the use of a Casio fx - 83 MS , which I have gone out and purchased.

The thing is I can not find this website again.

I need to find the website so I can do these calculations before I take my 2382.

The question is :-

Does anybody know the website concerned ?

OR

Can anybody put me in touch with another website that might be able to help.

I look forward to whatever info you can provide please.

Regards

Tony

what kind of calcs do you need to know ?
Hi Danny

Thanks for the reply.

In answer to your question,literally anything that is going to come up in the 2382 exam, if you have done it you will know what I mean.

Tony

no need to panic here scubalec....

you don't need a pc to take this exam... if you see 5 calculations in these 60 questions you'll be the most unlucky lad in the world. i got 2.

and you can take all your books in too... you got 2 hours....so no stress.

kirchoffs law is the only one you'll need to remember.

(thats the one where you have to calculate the total insulation resistance of an installation)

so 1/Rt = 1/15Mohms + 1/10Mohms + 1/5Mohms + etc

and this is a 'multiguess' exam.... so if you know that the answer will be lower than the lowest value of all the Mohms's you're almost there.

thats because the total resistance in a parallel cct is always lower than the lowest resistance... got it?

take your time and:good luck:

no need to panic here scubalec....you don't need a pc to take this exam... if you see 5 calculations in these 60 questions you'll be the most unlucky lad in the world. i got 2.

and you can take all your books in too... you got 2 hours....so no stress.

kirchoffs law is the only one you'll need to remember.

(thats the one where you have to calculate the total insulation resistance of an installation)

so 1/Rt = 1/15Mohms + 1/10Mohms + 1/5Mohms + etc

and this is a 'multiguess' exam.... so if you know that the answer will be lower than the lowest value of all the Mohms's you're almost there.

thats because the total resistance in a parallel cct is always lower than the lowest resistance... got it?

take your time and:good luck:
Hi Ian

Thanks for that

I will have 60 questions I need at least 80% , that is 48 out of 60.

Based on Tony's logic 12 minus 5 (kirchoffs law questions) = 7 headbang

I am using a the Gola exam simulator, now I have that piece of informatiuon I will use it thanks.

Oh bye the way where in the regs is kirchoffs law ?

Nothing under "K" or Cables ( insulation resistance) or Part 3

Regards

Tony

:)

Hi IanThanks for that

I will have 60 questions I need at least 80% , that is 48 out of 60.

Based on Tony's logic 12 minus 5 (kirchoffs law questions) = 7 headbang

I am using a the Gola exam simulator, now I have that piece of informatiuon I will use it thanks.

Oh bye the way where in the regs is kirchoffs law ?Nothing under "K" or Cables ( insulation resistance) or Part 3

Regards

Tony

:)
Are you joking, the regs are nothing to do with Kirchoffs law

Indeed, Ask ANY Electrical Question (and most other questions) on here and we'll all help.

With regard to finding the website that you looked at - Have a look in your "Internet History", what web browser are you using?

If IE:

Look for and click on the
star.gif
tab...

Then click on the
history.gif
tab...

Finally you will see the image below.. just search through (As long as you haven't deleted you history).

list.gif

If you find it, can you put a link to it in our "Student & Learning" forum please?

hmmm.... i don't think city and guilds teach kirchoffs law do they? :red card

that was what it was called in my day anyway... i'm not even sure they teach v= ir either? google it.

never mind... you know about the total insulation resistance question.

and here's another bonus for you....

you only need 65% to pass.

it's getting easier by the minute. :Y

hmmm.... i don't think city and guilds teach kirchoffs law do they? :red card that was what it was called in my day anyway... i'm not even sure they teach v= ir either? google it.

never mind... you know about the total insulation resistance question.

and here's another bonus for you....

you only need 65% to pass.

it's getting easier by the minute. :Y
You need to pass all sections of the paper if you don't then you will fail

Thanks guy's for your help

I have had a look through history ( nice one Boss ) but no luck BUT BUT I did come across this,this will bring a little bit of light relief,make sure your sounds is on, and don't forget the tissues after the laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PRKwb957r6Y?feature=oembedSorry mods if it is in the wrong section, :red card but hey I'm still laughing :^O

The only thing I can think of is I saw it while surfing Google and it ws in the first few lines of text ! ! ! headbang headbang

Have no fear as and when I do find it you will get the link

Tony

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

FOUND IT FOUND IT FOUND IT

But it is a pdf,any ideas anybody ?

I await with baited breath Guinness

Just seen the download area ?

Admin or mods please advise :C

Last edited by a moderator: