3.03kWh Solax System

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linuxpenguins

Reaction score
Hello

I hope someone here could please assist me.

I have recently had a 3.03 kWh system installed. 8 Panels @ 375w

Today, the maximum I noticed the PV Power at 150w and the daily yield (I suspect means how much power the panels have generated) is showing as 0.4kWh.

This seems awfully low. Granted, it has been cloudy day but I would have expected it to be much higher than this.

Perhaps one of the panels are broken? or maybe it is only pulling power from one panel?

Any ideas? - based in Merseyside region.

Hello

Today, the maximum I noticed the PV Power at 150w and the daily yield (I suspect means how much power the panels have generated) is showing as 0.4kWh.

This seems awfully low. Granted, it has been cloudy day but I would have expected it to be much higher than this.

Perhaps one of the panels are broken? or maybe it is only pulling power from one panel?

It's dark, dreary, and crap weather for generating.

Hello

I'm in Blackpool and I have twelve panels, albeit they are nearly ten years old now..
On the afternoon of a typically grey December day last week my inverter was showing 275watts.

It's dark, dreary, and crap weather for generating.
Thanks for your reply. I'll give you that, but are these numbers normal? They do seem very low. I thought the panels only needed daylight, not sunlight? Id have expected 1kWh+ - I really think one of the panels must be faulty, or its just using one panel across the day - as then it would seem more realisitc?

thanks for responses, most appreciated.. then in essence, this 0.4kWh produced all day, has probably not even powered the inverter.. not quite sure its going to save me money as anticipated :(

thanks for responses, most appreciated.. then in essence, this 0.4kWh produced all day, has probably not even powered the inverter.. not quite sure its going to save me money as anticipated :(
That's more than mine did. Tomorrow is a much better forecast down ere in Devon. I'm guessing it will be better where you are too, so see what happens. If you know what panels are, check the running voltage for the panels, multiple be the number of panels and check the string voltage on the inverter - don't worry about the amps, just the voltage.

That's more than mine did. Tomorrow is a much better forecast down ere in Devon. I'm guessing it will be better where you are too, so see what happens. If you know what panels are, check the running voltage for the panels, multiple be the number of panels and check the string voltage on the inverter - don't worry about the amps, just the voltage.
Thanks for reply.. they are JAM60S20-385/MR and i have 8 of them ill check cloud now - could you please see if correct?

Look on the bright side. It will power all the wall warts, TV and audio gear on standby, and similar that some are always banging on about switching off ! Only from dawn till dusk though.

Shouldn't it be continually at this then?
Nope, the MPPT adjusts voltage to extract amps and Power=V*A.

I always disliked installing solar this time of year for the very reason you are seeing. People seem to expect max power all the time, it just doesn't work like that with short days and the sun low in the sky

Nope, the MPPT adjusts voltage to extract amps and Power=V*A.

I always disliked installing solar this time of year for the very reason you are seeing. People seem to expect max power all the time, it just doesn't work like that with short days and the sun low in the sky
Yeah.. ha.. I understand you there.. it just seems really low.. and i worried something was wrong - the above checkk confirms that nothing is wrong tho i suspect? anything else I can show you that may help? or is this all perfectly normal for my setup of 3.03kWh