6 months?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
Someone told me today their company is going to be NICEIC registered so they can do PIRs under the NICEIC logo but they do not have to be assessed for 6months where they will be assessed on PIRS they have a;ready done.

Does this seem right?

Anybody???

Is it normal to have 6 months grace instead of having to prove yourself when you register??

Seems odd

It IS BS. Think about it. They are not going to let an unknown entity use their branding; until they know they are competent to do said works.

They can do the PIRs, THEN have assessment, but:

a. They don`t need 6 months, unless each PIR will take 6 weeks?????

b. The PIRs done before assessment CANNOT be branded as NICEIC.

KME

Well having attended & passed the NICEIC virtual pir course I can inform you that yes, your informant is correct.

If they have passed the course with NICEY (a very nice & knowledgeable bloke called Roy took the course I was on) they will as I have, receive a letter stating that if you complete the form & return it you wil be included on the NICEIC register of approved companies that can undertake pir's & use the NICEY certs at no extra cost, nor will they have to have an assessment for a year because having paid & passed the course you are deemed ok (having sat in a class..ok hotel meeting room & listened to some of the other students questions of how to do electrical work& test inspect I do worry).

What they will have to do is undertake an assessment for pir's the following year & pay the fee, thats ontop of the DI fee & assessment.

Needless to say I've not taken them up on their kind offer & I wont pay to be a member untill I have to, until then I shall carry on using easy cert for the paperwork with my & the DI logo ....................... I thank you.

If I can find it I'll post the letter in full, Have to say the uptake must be slow because they've sent 2 reminders that I'm missing out on being able to do periodics under the NICEIC banner................ shame I did two on Saturday & another 2 on Sunday (grave diggers workshop/office & chapel on sunday) with a 3rd next weekend.

Well having attended & passed the NICEIC virtual pir course I can inform you that yes, your informant is correct.If they have passed the course with NICEY (a very nice & knowledgeable bloke called Roy took the course I was on) they will as I have, receive a letter stating that if you complete the form & return it you wil be included on the NICEIC register of approved companies that can undertake pir's & use the NICEY certs at no extra cost, nor will they have to have an assessment for a year because having paid & passed the course you are deemed ok (having sat in a class..ok hotel meeting room & listened to some of the other students questions of how to do electrical work& test inspect I do worry).

What they will have to do is undertake an assessment for pir's the following year & pay the fee, thats ontop of the DI fee & assessment.

Needless to say I've not taken them up on their kind offer & I wont pay to be a member untill I have to, until then I shall carry on using easy cert for the paperwork with my & the DI logo ....................... I thank you.

If I can find it I'll post the letter in full, Have to say the uptake must be slow because they've sent 2 reminders that I'm missing out on being able to do periodics under the NICEIC banner................ shame I did two on Saturday & another 2 on Sunday (grave diggers workshop/office & chapel on sunday) with a 3rd next weekend.
4 PIR's in a weekend, how do you manage that now the nights are closing in?