A question for Heathelect.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know what changes you have seen to the regs as you have the 14th, 15th & 16th I believe?

Are there any things that you feel were just common sense or were these changes needed?

In these times of H&S gone mad, I know that there are some dumb & downright dangerous mistakes being made out there, but I was just wondering if it all makes sense?

I hope this has not come accross as the ramblings of a windowlicker. :)

Hi, I would like to know what changes you have seen to the regs as you have the 14th, 15th & 16th I believe?Are there any things that you feel were just common sense or were these changes needed?

In these times of H&S gone mad, I know that there are some dumb & downright dangerous mistakes being made out there, but I was just wondering if it all makes sense?

I hope this has not come accross as the ramblings of a windowlicker. :)
I served my time under the 14th but at the time it was not a seperate qualification as it is now, besides that can't remember much as it is that long ago:z:z:z

One of the things that came in with the 15th was all the supplementry bonding eg metal window frames, fireplaces, false ceiing grid etc.

I hope this has not come accross as the ramblings of a windowlicker.

ABC you just made my day PMSL :D

hiya all, first of all its 33years ago since i started work so i have forgotten lots about the 14th, but all it was from memory was just half a dozen chapters domestic, industrial, caravan, and then the volt drop charts (i think) for all types of cable. No supplementary bonding, just 4mm earth to water stop tap as an earth,no gas bond, and we always bonded metal sink tops in kitchens.

Should have saved a copy of regs, but chucked it years ago.

The reg numbering system was simple, none of this refer back to reg (blah,blah,blah etc etc) will try and see if my uncles still got a copy of the 14th, speak soon dave

hiya all, first of all its 33years ago since i started work so i have forgotten lots about the 14th, but all it was from memory was just half a dozen chapters domestic, industrial, caravan, and then the volt drop charts (i think) for all types of cable. No supplementary bonding, just 4mm earth to water stop tap as an earth,no gas bond, and we always bonded metal sink tops in kitchens.Should have saved a copy of regs, but chucked it years ago.

The reg numbering system was simple, none of this refer back to reg (blah,blah,blah etc etc) will try and see if my uncles still got a copy of the 14th, speak soon dave
sections a to k appendices 1 to 8 published 1966 reprinted in metric units 1970

is it all coming back now ?

still got my copy must get round to reading it one day

Out of interest, how many of you who did the 15th also did 15(ii), the interim brought out because of the delays in the 16th Edition release.

Out of interest, how many of you who did the 15th also did 15(ii), the interim brought out because of the delays in the 16th Edition release.
Didn't do the 15th as was not needed when I was working on ships totally different ball game.

For one the was no neutral as all power was obtained via 3 phases.

I did the 15th 'upgrade' because the Jib rate was (i think) 10p an hour more
SAME REASON FOR ME 10P AN HOUR ON OUR RATE WAS A LOT OF MONEY THENGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink