accenta G4 mini

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebono1

Reaction score
hi

friend of mine installed accenta g4 mini panel and keyboard with honeywell tube and pir's in my house.

it seems there is something wrong, because alarm works fine we've managed to set it up and all but keyboard is beeping once every 1 minute, apart from that everything else seems to be fine any thoughts?

i noticed that when arming the alarm it doesn't give you exit sound it just beeps several times but in manual it shoul beep quicker when time is running out

can you tell me how to check that chime? i have no idea what it is and where to look for

it?

thanks

I have no smoke alarm in alarm system and it's brand new installed yesterday

All i have is 2 door sensors 4 morion sensors a keyboard siren and main control box

Have yo say that battery in control box was flat i think it will stop when chatlrged?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they meant a smoke detector in the vicinity of your alarm system, not part of it 

bluetobits is correct.

Have a look round for a smoke alarm, and then listen to that. I have even found one that fell off a cupboard top (Never installed) and was behind the cupboard, so you could not see it, but the customer was adamant the intruder alarm was beeping.

Turn the alarm system off for a short while, see if the bleeping continues. That would soon prove if it is generated by the alarm or some other device. A lot of these modern electronic gizmo's have bleeps and sounders that can be hard to identify easily where the sound is coming from.  With multiple battery smoke detectors, if one starts giving low battery warning, its not uncommon to try the wrong unit first thinking the sound is coming from the wrong room.

Doc H   

right...

it's not smoke alarm, short beep going from keypad, but i noticed something else

when set alarm to leave the house i haven't got count down sound i have 2-3 beeps and that's it, and when enter the property i see enter your code on keypad and it takes around 4-5 seconds after opening the doors and alarm goes off, (set for 30 seconds).

any thoughts?

we've used the installation guide to for wiring and everything else is fine all the tests are positive siren works, flashes pir's are working fine magnetic door things are working on walk test i have no idea what else we can do?

would it be damaged/faulty keypad?(sound beep and other sounds from keypad are like metallic beep)

I'd wipe the system, and then reprogram.

Also double check all tamper loop wiring is intact and all covers are sitting correctly on sensors keypad etc..

:popcorn