Advice on second bell box - Texecom Premier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJAZS

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice...

A couple of years back I fitted a Texecom Premier 48 system to my house. I am now planning on expanding the system to create a second area to cover the garage/outbuildings which are detached from the house. I am planning on fitting a PSU200XP unit in the garage meaning that I will just need to run a network cable out to it.

However, I also want to fit a second bell box to the gable end of the garage as the main house box is a fair distance away from the garage. So, how do I go about wiring up this second bell box, do I need to run a second cable out to the garage connected in parallel to the bell box already connected at the main panel, or is it possible to do something with the 8 outputs on the XP8 module? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

I would normally take a 6 core alarm cable from the new bell box to the existing alarm panel and double up the connections in the panel or you could take it to the old bell box which ever is easier.

The tampers are connected in series so you can not simply take the cable to the panel. Most SAB only need 5 cores so the 6th core is linked into the tamper at the bell and then linked to the new cable, maybe at the panel. Different manufacturers have different connection methods for this.

It appears the XP8 module is discontinued. If you have one, it does have a speaker output so it may be possible to simply put a speaker in a bell box. This also depends on if the speaker can be programmed, you dont want every button press, entry/exit sounds etc bleeping out of the bell box.

If you have an 8XP use the outputs and program then at the panel as for the tamper use a zone from the expander and program it as tamper.

I will find out the best way of doing the tamper for you