Alarm problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently installed an alarm - Accenta G4 with LCD keypad - and now have a slight problem with it. I posted a couple of photos on another thread!

What has happened is that one of the PIRs triggers for some reason. The property is empty, curtains closed (in this room) and heating is off!. All the alarm cables are no where near any mains cable and all holes in the PIR body are sealed (either with a screw or cable).

It's the same PIR setting off the alarm at random times of the day!

I have since been back and I've replaced the PIR (pet immune) and rewired that sensor. All the terminations have been double checked and are correct and secure.

Anyone got any ideas??

I've since been back and set that zone to double knock!

I recently installed an alarm - Accenta G4 with LCD keypad - and now have a slight problem with it. I posted a couple of photos on another thread!What has happened is that one of the PIRs triggers for some reason. The property is empty, curtains closed (in this room) and heating is off!. All the alarm cables are no where near any mains cable and all holes in the PIR body are sealed (either with a screw or cable).

It's the same PIR setting off the alarm at random times of the day!

I have since been back and I've replaced the PIR (pet immune) and rewired that sensor. All the terminations have been double checked and are correct and secure.

Anyone got any ideas??
I'll assume you haven;t taken any readings or tested anything then as you haven;t mentioned it. Assuming that all the results come back as normal then try swapping the zones on the panel, see if the fault follows the circuit.

I've since been back and set that zone to double knock!
[tutting and shaking the head in disappointment smilie]

All readings are as expected, however like I say I have rewired and replaced the PIR on this zone:_|

For some stupid reason I hadn't thought about shifting the zones in the panel
doh.gif

I didn't like the idea of setting it to double knock either!