And Another One Bites The Dust!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
makes a change from only prosecuting for using NICEIC logo

but as for this bit

Not only did he dishonestly reassure them this wouldn’t be an issue but he also used electrical installation certificates which he knew would be worthless as he was not registered with an appropriate trade body
doesnt make much sense. anyone can issue an EIC, registered with anyone or not

I'll ask my brother if he knows the Trading Standards Officer mentioned - he deals with a great many up and down the country. Guy seems a bit wrong with his statements. Must be more to it?

In all likelihood the bloke in the article is dodgy. If his work was good he might have gotten away with it.  But..............he might well have say his 2391 and have done the testing and inspection correctly. There are many "approved scheme" members who do not have the 2391 for instance. Wasn't that long ago some would let you in with pretty much just the 17th if you flashed the cash unless I'm wrong!

So, assuming the guy can prove competence, his kit is calibrated and he in fact tested / recorded correctly then surely those test results are still valid? Or maybe he used a scheme logo on them which invalidates them?

^^^ yes back in the day you could get in the club with a wad of used fivers and a 17th ed cert. I found this out on the day I passed the 2330lvl 3 after years of hard work trapped in a room doing algebra and all I needed was some cash and a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right! :mad:

^^^ yes back in the day you could get in the club with a wad of used fivers and a 17th ed cert. I found this out on the day I passed the 2330lvl 3 after years of hard work trapped in a room doing algebra and all I needed was some cash and a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right! :mad:
Pretty much the day I passed my L3 2330 we had some external to**pot introduced to us by the college staff pedalling the 2356/57/65 or whatever it was. Proper hard sell too from him saying pretty much that the last 3 years was a waste of time and that we would "need" this at ££££. Much jeering ensued!  :lol:  He really talked down to everybody.........."Now, has anybody heard of the S-E-V-E-N-T-E-E-T-H edition?". 

At least Tony Cable gives out nice pens and other goodies along with a really strong plastic carrier bag like the old school Co-op ones! (Weren't they great to set FIRE to!)

makes a change from only prosecuting for using NICEIC logo

but as for this bit

Not only did he dishonestly reassure them this wouldn’t be an issue but he also used electrical installation certificates which he knew would be worthless as he was not registered with an appropriate trade body

doesnt make much sense. anyone can issue an EIC, registered with anyone or not
That's probably poor journalism.

The issue seems to relate to phart phee certification which he was not "authorised" to issue as he didn't belong to a scam.

Had he just been doing work outside the scope of Phar phee, there would not have been a case to answer I suspect.

My brother just came back with this:

"Yes I know Andy. What he seems to say in the press release is that this trader used a Certificate to which he was not entitled. His unauthorised signature would make his actions fraudulent. If he issued his own EIC  that could still be fraudulent depending on what representations he made around it. Need to know more detail really but fraud has a wide reach"

Latest posts