BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Connect may be somewhere in the mix on this one-Anyone else know who would want to take this on?

What about the Commercial Division?-they are all still there.

Who's Connect & why would anyone want to buy them? The name's not worth a light & there's nothing left other than stock & a few sites. Don't know about Comm. Supp. but there won't be the stock to fulfil their contracts.

Connect are the large distributors who own repaircare-what with the servicing connection etc etc it could be a goer as they are very Midlands based.

Ernst and Young are very coy and nothing appears in the press.

Might see a fit with Connect as they own Welco prepack brand & might also want Comm. Supp. as an entry in LA's, NHS Trust, Yorks. Purch. etc. However their main business is spares & repairs.

Quite ironic as one of the family tried to sell the company over a year ago but everyone, including Rexel Senate, Stearn etc., walked away when Micromark was not part of the deal. Evidently he had to reverse Micromark into Bridisco as a condition of a

Looks like it's closing down. Wonder how much effort they put into trying to sell it? To paraphrase Shakespeare "the first thing to do is kill all the liquidators."

I'm somewhat staggered at the interest in this thread....

A wholesaler, closing down...

:^O

Not a wholesaler, a super distributor & manufacturer who most people in the trade have used at sometime. When 600 jobs go at a

Its a shame if they go but they have had no stock for a couple of years. I have tried to order a couple of hundred pounds worth of stuff at a time but they end not even having enough stock to make up the minimum amount for an order.

Batty

I never said they were good. I left, like a lot of people, because of the crap service & conflicts of interest. I was only making the point that nobody, regardless of size, is immune in the current climate.

I think a lot of you guys out there should say "there but for the grace of God go I" actually.Theres a lot of crap companies going down but quite a lot of crap electricians so we should all look at ourselves a bit.

Tyneside, Manchester, Sheffield & Birmingham have now gone. The sites still open, that I know of, are Northampton, Harringey (Green Lanes) & Park Royal. Anybody knows different, then post a reply.

I am sure the Senior management did everything in their ability to save the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.