BFPO

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Admin hope you dont mind me posting this, but if you do please remove at your leisure.

For those that have never served in the forces the BFPO is the British Forces Post Office & I have been sent the following from a mate who is currently on tour in the Stan...

"Just how low can this Government go? Stick it to the Military because they are not unionised?

Dear All

Want to save the BFPO System?

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveBFPO/sign

Please click on and sign the above petition. Though we all understand that defence cuts are to be made, this is an area which affects the families in particular. The BFPO system is the mechanism whereby post is received by our serving soldiers, sailors and airmen and their families abroad at a postal address recognised as being part of this country, no matter where in the world they are serving, even in war zones.

Amongst other things the loss of the BFPO service will disenfranchise them if they are postal voters; some credit card providers will not send cards abroad (M&S for example) whereas they will to a BFPO address; it may a ffect their ability to let their house whilst posted abroad, or away from home; it may take away their tax advantages such as being able to have an ISA whilst posted abroad. It will affect Open University students who have a BFPO address as they will be charged higher fees; it will potentially effect children of serving soldiers when they go to University, as they may not be eligible for student loans/fees to be paid, and will be charged higher fees as they live abroad. They will also be charged different rates for subscriptions etc as they will now have to come via local mail, and not the UK mail..

Thanks for supporting our servicemen and women together with their families in this way and please forward this email to as many of your friends as you can."

So if you feel like it please fill in the petition, because receiving a letter from home when your on tour or posted abroad is the one thing that keeps you sane in this mad mad world ;)

But Dont feel you have to sign

If there is one thing I hate, and that's "Chain E-mails",,,,,, But if that is true (Above I will Make an acception, Mate).

I too have signed.

We are all big people who can read and everything, but;

you must click on the link in the email for your vote to count!

:D