Cable size required?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very long house, garage is also at the bottom of the garden so it's half T&E under floor boards and half SWA clipped to exterior brick wall.  I'm not a sparky myself but I'm laying the cable run before the charger installation company sends their sparky to do the rest.
What kind of electrical company agrees to that?

I never understand why people,if they have a spark coming or a spark as a mate, have to ask on a forum? Either there is no spark or not a very good one at that? 

I know plenty of people with an engineering background who like to investigate an issue and get information, purely out of interest if nothing else.

I know plenty of people with an engineering background who like to investigate an issue and get information, purely out of interest if nothing else.

Thats fair enough, and I dare say they are by default inquisitive people thus their chosen career path, however for many people who have a problem to solve and have already allegedly involved a suitable tradesman, would they not quiz the tradesman on a one to one basis??

I know of at least one who simply picks a 'tradesman' whom he can bully into signing off his know-it-all diy work that is clearly outdated dangerous practice

as he clearly knows more than any tradesman [ of most professions ] , and by his own admission is incompetent in electrical works,

nothing will stop these sort of people doing whatever they want

I had a fella who wanted me to sign off his solar panels, I refused. Got right abusive threating all sorts of ****e. Can't think why I laughed my socks off when his shed with the panels on blew down  :slap