Cable Size

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarEdge inverters installation instructions state that if a rcd is required by local regulations then one must be installed. However it would have to be seperate from any other circuits. Not randomly stuffed into a spare way on the rcd side of a board.
but local regulations DONT require it, the use of an RCD can be avoided quite easily usually, so I dont know if you could argue that point,

anyway, thats fairly irrelevant as its still not permitted to feed PV from the load side of an RCD supplying other circuits.

but local regulations DONT require it, the use of an RCD can be avoided quite easily usually, so I dont know if you could argue that point,anyway, thats fairly irrelevant as its still not permitted to feed PV from the load side of an RCD supplying other circuits.
Never said it was, just pointing out what that particular manufacturer says which is that in no way do they preclude the installation of an RCD with their Inverters. Whether it is required or not is another matter.

but local regulations DONT require it, the use of an RCD can be avoided quite easily usually, so I dont know if you could argue that point,anyway, thats fairly irrelevant as its still not permitted to feed PV from the load side of an RCD supplying other circuits.
Don't forget what NAPIT said

The PV circuit is not classed as a distribution circuit, it is classed as a final circuit supplying a fixed piece of equipment. In addition this circuit being on the same circuit supplying sockets outlets provided with RCD protection for supplementary protection will, in the event of the RCD tripping cause the inverter to trip out thus isolating the socket outlets and any equipment connected to them.

So they think its OK

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:06 ----------

Do YOU know what the readings were, i.e what were the maximum and minimum voltages that were recorded at the supply point?
No ,sorry ,it was just a black box which had to be down loaded on to a computer

Napit are wrong end of story
Is there any regulation that states that what NAPIT are saying is wrong ,so I can go back to them with it

yes

Napit Are Pansies In Trousers

the regs already quoted to you are fact, Napit are trying to avoid the issue that one of their members has put in a **** poor install,

raise a formal complaint with them,

if still no, satisfaction then take it further,

for my tuppence, at this stage, and you have already raised it with NAPIT tell them if they dont sort it you will go to REAL and trading standards, and that rouge traders are going to be informed that members of NAPIT cannot be trusted to do a proper install.

by the way, did you know that most of NAPITs members are only there as they failed the assessment to get into either NICEIC or STROMA ?

Not Nice, shame it not friday night at the bar
The NIC have far more of the spurs brigade but thats only cos they have more members.....
You`d be amazed at how many are leaving the NICEIC to join NAPIT - and how many of same do not even possess a copy of the regs ....

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:24 ----------

yesNapit Are Pansies In Trousers

the regs already quoted to you are fact, Napit are trying to avoid the issue that one of their members has put in a **** poor install,

raise a formal complaint with them,

if still no, satisfaction then take it further,

for my tuppence, at this stage, and you have already raised it with NAPIT tell them if they dont sort it you will go to REAL and trading standards, and that rouge traders are going to be informed that members of NAPIT cannot be trusted to do a proper install.

by the way, did you know that most of NAPITs members are only there as they failed the assessment to get into either NICEIC or STROMA ?
I wasn`t aware there was an assessment? - I just thought you had to show a copy of your bank statement .... oh and promise not to raise any complaints about other NICEIC members ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Stroma (from their website):

"The work that is certified is the installation and not the design. The CPS notification confirms that the work undertaken conforms to all the requirements of Building Regulations. This applies to Building Regulations from A to P."

So, according to Stroma, Installation DESIGN is NOT involved in the notification process - yet the requirement for design criteria is an integral part of the EIC that is used as a means of compliance.

Sounds very, very amateurish to me ....

They are cheap, what more do you want pay peanuts get monkeys as they say.

what baffles me is, who is assessing these scams?just as anyone with some money can join a scam, it seems anyone can start a scam too.
In reality - no-one at all. The schemes are unregulated for all practical purposes, that`s why they can set their own (internal) standards.

The lack of accountability of the scams is highlighted in the recent Commons Select Committee report.

The problem is that if you have a serious issue with your scam provider you just get told to "sling your hook" as registration is not mandatory - so you join another scam that attends the same meetings about stitching you up in the same manner ....

Of course you can always not bother registering and put yourself out of business with regards the domestic sector .... such are the choices in our non-mandatory system.

Interestingly, when the scams discuss regulation, it never refers to THEM.

UKAS my ****! ROTFWL

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you can always not bother registering and put yourself out of business with regards the domestic sector .... such are the choices in our non-mandatory system.
Or move to Scotland :innocent

All right is it the Brandy. I think Steps has already pointed out how Whisky should be spelt remember I come from darn sarf so probably speak different to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.