Central Heating Controls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynchnigel

Reaction score
Hi all
I have an Ideal Logic +30 combination boiler  and im replacing the timeclock i have.

Heatmiser TM1-TS-WIFI time clock (new purchase) 

I also have a Drayton RTS1 stat 

Im trying to find out how to wire the 3 together they are using 2 core plus earth at the moment.

Heatmiser told me:
L from the time clock to L on RTS1
L linked to 'C' terminal
Call for heat (switched live or common?) connected to 'NO' as the image.

but theres bits missing like 
where is pin 3 connected to from the RTS1 ?
Where is 'No' on the time clock connected ?
i'm presuming L and N come from the boiler, but are both taken to the stat from the time clock?

Thanks in advance :)  

timeswitch not timeclock.............its a switch not a clock   ;)
Heatmiser's words not mine  :innocent  from their book  'Setting up your WiFi Timeclock'  :slap

Thank you Steve for the more sensible message :)

think I have that which is basically what I Have now with the Siemens time 'thiingy' i have now

if you dont mind me asking, did you think about ripping the lot out getting a 5c from the boiler to the room stat position (or a better position) and use a programmable stat and time the DHW as well?

Yes, if you wanted it like that but you can time it if you want.

Ok should have been more specific only done it on oil combis but im sure you can do it on others, as they have a pre heated thermal store.  You can turn off this pre heating during the night or whenever you dont need it.  The built in control (if you pay through the nose for them) also have this function.

Ok should have been more specific only done it on oil combis but im sure you can do it on others, as they have a pre heated thermal store.  You can turn off this pre heating during the night or whenever you dont need it.  The built in control (if you pay through the nose for them) also have this function.
ok, thats not a normal combi,

you can get normal combis on oil as well,

what you have is a bit of a hybrid system,

my mum has one of them, but still dont see the point of a timeclock with it, it simply has a little tank of a few litres of hot water so when she opens the tap its virtually instant instead of waiting for the boiler to fire,

she lives in a little bungalow so it is virtually instant for her, other than that I would think it pretty pointless.

All the WB oil combis are like this ive seen.  

agree not alot of difference but on oil every little helps as you are burning money.  

Scrub that all WB gas combis can all have their two channel programmer fitted to time hot water.