Combi Boiler Issues

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishfullthinker

Reaction score
Need Help, I have an Intesa 23 Combi Boiler (rebadged Ariston), it has suddenly taken on a life of its own.

Totally ignores room thermostat settings, when tap is turned on the Hot water runs for a coulpe of seconds and then goes cold. Has had a service.

First i would Check that the white plastic outlet pipe not frozen, if not then check the pressure and there is any fault codes ?

Stays hot for a few seconds and then goes cold, the boiler has two settings ( by way of two push buttons on front panel ) one for summer and one for winter, when in the summer mode the boiler is still feeding the central heating system

Well, I'm no boiler engineer but:

Heating works ok, so flame and ignition system should be ok.

The fact it actually switches back to heating would lead me to believe the diverter valve is ok.

If it was me, I would be putting my money on the water flow switch

Just my thoughts. Please sign the disclaimer below!

DISCLAIMER

I hereby sign to say that I will not hold Barx (Legally Known as Mr D. Barker) liable to any damaged I cause to my boiler following his advice.

Signed........................... Mr W. Thinker

hi ! if the heating pipe gets hot while you are running the hot water on a combi then the diverter valve is letting by .if the heating pipe gets hot more than 6inchs down the pipe {blatant flow} also if it doesnt and the water goes cold does the boiler go out ?because it may be down to a partially blocked plate heat exchanger and is shutting down on return temp! THIS DOES reuire a GAS SAFE engineer though if it is a gas boiler

well, for my tuppence,

diverter valve?

mine was doing the exact same, had a couple of guys out, NO idea and just more expense,

posted on here and the late JL told me exactly what the problem was,

Hi Wishfullthinker. How old is your boiler by the way? Coz over time, boilers do lose their efficiency and you start to experience problems. If your system is old or you suspect a more serious issue, it may be worth calling a qualified heating engineer to help you out.