Commercial Electrical Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewiz

Reaction score
Been testing a lot of domestic and commercial premises over the years. I usually give a price upon a visual inspection ect to get the general feel of how long it will take and what it will involve.

Now... i have been asked to give a price based on a per circuit bases. They have informed me there are 24cct on a 3 phase DB and1 sub CU with 10 ways. Just a general thought of how much to charge. i recon £25.00-30.00 Per cut?? 

Been testing a lot of domestic and commercial premises over the years. I usually give a price upon a visual inspection ect to get the general feel of how long it will take and what it will involve.

Now... i have been asked to give a price based on a per circuit bases. They have informed me there are 24cct on a 3 phase DB and1 sub CU with 10 ways. Just a general thought of how much to charge. i recon £25.00-30.00 Per cut?? 

I think you will lose out on a lot of potential work, I know companies who are doing the same for around £6 per circuit. They may be larger installs but its not the testing company setting the price but rather the BM's

£6.00 WOW

how can you test it properly for that amount? take at least day or two to check everything in a ware house or factory 

You can't that's why I wouldn't sign any test certificates if it hasn't been tested properly as it will be you in front of the man with the white wig and black gown should someone get hurt and it ends up in court.

I too would go £20-30 per circuit.

That's what makes it worth my while to do it.

If they want to go with someone else that's fine (is my attitude), and as you have said it's not possible to do it properly for a decent wage at £6 .

If not doing it for £6 a circuit means I lose out on more work at a similar rate that's good. I am not interested in testing 30 circuits and writing a report in a day to make £180.

no nor am i!! no way am i sitting in my office doing a 302 page cert for that lol 

I would not turn up and test for £6 per circuit, however some companies are doing just that. As I said its the BIMs that are setting the pricing.

Well In true form it should mean Building Information Modelling, however I appear to use it more derogatory to mean the actual Building Management companies.