Compact Rcbo Replacement Cu.. Using An Sbs Trade Sales Solution..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave

Look forward to fitting it, and I appreciate your excellent service to come up with a solution fit for purpose.

I heartily recommend you to all

(That must be worth another 5% discount 0ff my next order)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the first time I have seen an electricity meter inside a kitchen cupboard.

I would love to see how a kitchen company would deal with that (in the Black museum forum)

some people on here think you are a cowboy if you put a surface socket in a kitchen cupboard

some people on here think you are a cowboy if you put a surface socket in a kitchen cupboard
The old "do kitchen units become part of the structure" one...........

And some think it's fine, though fixing to the cupboard was the best bit!

Hi Tim

Thanks for the photos of the special CU install.

I am glad I was able to offer a solution to an awkward problem.

Clearly, this was only possible because of the Compact RCBOs.

To answer Nicky Tesla's question, you will see there are 2 x bus bars, the LIVE at the back and the NEUTRAL on show at the front.

There are better photos of this on various posts, but if more info is needed, I will post another photo, showing more detail.

Thanks to those TEF members (about 12), who are now regular customers and hopefully more will try my products.

SBS Dave

Evening David, a quick hijack of the post........are you back up to stock on the compact rcbo's, I have to sit down over the weekend and place an order.

While I do fit sockets to kitchen cupboard carcasses,,, I do not fit CUs to them... Can you imagine the hassle it will cause when the kitchen gets replaced?
The old  " what If" again.

Just take another look and and you will see NO other option was available.

The cupboard is a solid perm structure fixed in place

No problem with that what so ever.

Hi Tim

Thanks for the photos of the special CU install.

I am glad I was able to offer a solution to an awkward problem.

Clearly, this was only possible because of the Compact RCBOs.

To answer Nicky Tesla's question, you will see there are 2 x bus bars, the LIVE at the back and the NEUTRAL on show at the front.

There are better photos of this on various posts, but if more info is needed, I will post another photo, showing more detail.

Thanks to those TEF members (about 12), who are now regular customers and hopefully more will try my products.

SBS Dave

Thanks Dave

As you see I did re configure RCBOs to the right hand side leaving more space for tails in the left hand unit.

Great solution and thanks once again for introducing a brilliant product to the UK market.

Hi M107

I have stock of all sizes of Compacts, except 6A, which I keep borrowing from a customer with some stock. I do of course have 10As.

If you can't sub 10As, tell me how many you need of the 6A and I will see if I can borrow a few more.

My order should have been shipped today, for delivery next week, but I have not had confirmation from China.

Came back from holiday yesterday to orders for 5 x DBs, but fortunately, 3 of them were for Standard RCBO DBs and the other 2 took 10A Compacts instead of 6A.

SBS Dave

Yes I heard you were away, nice break I trust?

I will go through the EICR's tonight & tot up what I require, 6A will be needed a little issue of  lighting circuits lacking cpc's in all the flats.

Shall drop you an email/order over the weekend.