Couch to 5k

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it last summer and it was great. Not so good now because I've done something to my feet so funning is out, but the 9 week plan was very good.

I have heard its good. My brother did it last year and it does what it says on the tin. People may find this useful. I have been using this since last April when I weighed in at 15 stone. My scales informed me this morning that I'm 12.5 stone...

Basically you log in and give yourself a username. Tell it how much you weigh etc and what weight you'd like to be and it works out how many calories per day you need to consume and how much exercise you should do. I have been on 1260 cals/day since I started, somedays I go over some I meet the target. If you do exercise you burn more calories and get to eat more if you want to. Its worked for me and I am running the Anglesey Race half marathon next month!

Have heard good things about it mate. Would say it's best feature is the structure involved making you less likely to give up on it. Would recommend completing it maybe alongside the 100 press up programme for an altogether more thorough fitness programme. Both start from scratch and around the same timespan. At the end of it you will able to comfortably run around 3 miles and complete 100 consecutive pressups,.

Been using MyFitnessPal for the last month started the C25k Sunday, Going to register for the race for life 5k in Swansea July 22nd this week. Maybe admin will even let me link to my fundraising page here!

Good on ya Jono. I log on every day to MFP so why not add me - same username as here. Bit of encouragement both ways goes far!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:41 ----------

One more thing... If you are in Neath, shouldnt you be flying the Draig Goch like me?

downloaded it last night will make a start after i finish eating these easter eggs

Currently dieing to Week 4 the step from week 3(9mins upto 16mins ><) is massive for me but slowly getting there

I started again last week so I've just finished week 1. We'll see how it goes...

Come on Jono, we need an update. I'm just about to start week 4 so I need as much encouragement as I can get. Are you still managing it???

Managed 25mins straight at the weekend before a kamakazie dog tried to kill me, should hit week 8 this weekend. Had to slow down compared to when i was running intervals but im really pleased with the progress the hard weeks are more than worth the results.

Well ive abandoned the park because the amount of dog mess is getting silly, main problem for me is avoiding as far as possible the areas many hills!

Can I half hijack this and dive in and ask for a recommendation on running shoes please! I was in SportsDirect today and looked at New Balance, Asiics and Addidas. TBH the Assics seemed the best for me with the wide foot fitting but I came away empty handed as no size 13. A real beginner at this TBH, no plan other than move more/eat less. I went "running" for a few weeks and felt loads better but back to the old ways. Got to get the BP down and some energy back! Cheers

OK heres some good advice, you need to find out about your feet! do you overpronate (roll your feet outwards) when you run, high arch or flat footed etc. If You go to somewhere like DW sports they will do a gait analysis free. This involves you running on a treadmill while a computer analyses your legs and feet and how they hit the ground. They will then use the data to give you a good idea what shoes would be best. If you are fairly normal and would like good cushioning then Asics Nimbus 12s would be a good choice BUT I cant emphasise enough the need to try shoes for yourself. Just telling you what works for me. I have the asics shoes and an aftermarket gel/air insole for more cushioning - recently ran 13.1 miles and feet were fine!

I like the Skyline Gtr if I am going to go anywhere near 5K or more.

I did in my youth run about 15 to 20 miles per day, my favourite shoes at the time were the silver shadows. These days I seldom run anywhere so my steel toe caps are fine for most running I do.

Oh wow,

I'm not sure I'll ever recover - I've just come back from running for 25mins. I new record for me.

Onoff: I went to a shop that made me go on a tread mill and they fitted some trainers properly for me - I'd definately recomend it.

Latest posts