Creda Electric Panel Heater Set Back Mode

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetwc

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm having a problem with 2 Creda Contour 100 panel heaters. I've spoken to Creda and they don't know. They are just over 2 years old so out of any warranty, typical!

Both heaters are wired up the same,via RF switches, fully earthed and with the pilot wired fully isolated.

The heaters' thermostat is on max, but fully tested and triggering normally. The problem occurs with a cold room, or warm room.

When powered on, the power light is lit, but the 'heating' neon pulses, approximately once per second. The current draw is also approximately half. The manual, and Creda support, say this is a set back mode used in conjunction with a pilot wire system.

For the past 2-3 years, when powered on, the heaters would stay on all the time until the power went off. The power neon and heating neon would both stay on constant.

How do I get the panels working?

Thank you.

Yes, I use a z-wave system with a Horstmann z-wave thermostat.

That part of it is working fine: set point higher than the room temperature fires to the z-wave switches, and they provide 240v to the heaters, but no connection to the pilot wire, and no wiring changes since they were last working correctly.

I've only noticed since the temperatures have dropped in the passed few weeks. They haven't been used much over the summer unless the temperature dropped and I didn't notice.

Thanks.

not done many of these,

but doesnt the stat fire the pilot wire?

last remote stat panel heaters I done worked that way anyway,

cant remember how horstman works though,

so, may be the stats are shot,?  :C

The batteries are fine in the stat.

The stat is firing fine to the wave switches, that part is fine, it just as if the panel is wired to a 13amp plug turning it on and off when you want it.

I'm just confused why the panel seems to have gone into setback when there's no connection to the pilot wire. It's isolated as per the manual if you don't use a pilot wire system.

Should I apply a voltage to the pilot wire to get it back to full power, or could there another reason or failing internally?

Ok, so...

You really need to do some methodical testing here....without it this is all assumptions

Firstly what voltage are you getting out of the lightwave sockets when the thermostat is calling for heat?

So,,, there probably isn't a "background" setting within the heater...

I'm guessing that without the plug in module that it'll be a simple thermostat and heating element circuit... I.e. no electronics

I think I'm just going to have to replace the panels, especially the one in the lounge which needs all the watts it can get in the winter.

No more creda for me.