Db Off Bussbar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a canaliss  buss bar as well  with a 160A plug in tap off unit  well that's what it says on the box @ £300 each

Thanks phoenix I for advise  much appreciated

Hi Mr Moosy,  i think maybe the confusion here is because of the different test sheets/software etc layouts & the different way results are compiled. If you want to be 100% correct then a complete certificate should be filled in for the feed from wherever you connected to, to the new DB (What I still call a sub-main but I may get arrested now for such a faux-par) . Then a separate certificate for the final circuits etc.

From memory Easycert has the 'at origin' ze on the certs but on the test results page its ze at the DB (Zdb), Back to your OP, not doing any work like this for a long time now I suppose it can be difficult doing a true Ze 'at  origin' in large factory complex's   as where the metering is, is the origin, but it may not be possible there so wherever the main switch you turned off to isolate may have to do. The key is to make sure this is filled out on the test sheets and you have a good reason (such as a 24 hour production line) that you could/were not allowed to test at origin. 

Tap off unit is a common term for busbar industrial kit. I suppose I only know that as I used to work for a large company and fitted loads.  Haven't seen or touched one for 15 odd years now. Someone only doing domestics probably  will never see or hear of it. 

Tap off unit is a common term for busbar industrial kit. I suppose I only know that as I used to work for a large company and fitted loads.  Haven't seen or touched one for 15 odd years now. Someone only doing domestics probably  will never see or hear of it. 
I suppose thats where the language issue arises,

its maybe a common term in GB , or in English,

were always known as link bars / chambers to me.

I think there is still some confusion here, you are thinking of a busbar chamber arn't you steps?, big box, 4 copper bars and you mount switchfuses above it

The OP is on about a tap off unit for busbar trunking, i.e. the busbar chamber elongated running the length of the factory and the tap off units are effectivily manufacturer specific switch fuses intended to plug onto the busbar at any point along its length

hi slips

that's how I have done it in the end filled out a sheet for the sub mains from buss bar then on second sheet for db  there is a column

that say if distribution board  is feed from other then the origin ie zs /pfc  then fill in test results for all circuits of the new db

I take a photo tom off tap of unit  that I have fitted to show others that may have not seen one hopefully can up load them

moose