Dimplex DuoHeat Storage Heaters problems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj72

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 4 Dimplex Duo400i strorage heaters installed which have never worked properly. The instructions say to access the storage heat hold down the plus button until all bars lit then continue to hold for a further 7secs - however no matter how long i hold the plus button down for the display will never change to the flashing storage heat indicator.

This means that i can only ever get heat out of the front part - incredibly expensive.

I'm on economy 10

The heaters have two switches both kept on as per the instructions.

I can see that the heaters are connected to the flat's main ring 35A

Each heater also has its own fuse in the fuse box for the offpeak, which is always kept on.

Any ideas as to whether

(a) all four heaters are faulty

(B) the offpeak is somehow faulty

© i'm not operating correctly

Any help is much appreciated.

I believe they have a child lock, is it OFF?

Is the Off Peak supply energising?

You will need to check this at Off peak times, easiest way is to fit the Storage heaters with a wall switch which has a Neon to show when its On.

If its not energising then you need to contact your supplier to replace the time switch/ Meter.

have you run the diagnostic to see if all is well?

Thanks for your replies.

Child lock is definately off.

I've used a multimeter which confirms that power is only feeding through the off peak wall switch (next to each heater) at off peak times so i think that is running correctly.

How would i run a diagnostic?