Dimplex XL24N quick question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markrtw

Reaction score
Where the power cable comes into the heater at the bottom right corner, the cable runs into a brown plastic connection block with screw down terminals. This block is rated for 450v and also says on it PA76. I need to replace this connector block. Is it heat resistant or can I use a standard connector block (of the correct rating obviously)?

Thanks.

Do they not sell that Exact part as spares on a heater spares website ? Is the brown connector block made from plastic?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:18 ----------

WelcOme to the forum btw :)

Yes it IS heat resistant plastic. Don't put a standard plastic one in it's place.

If you can't find the exact one, use a ceramic block, like they use for the actual heater element connections.

It's an unusual part to just "fail" what's behind this story?

Most plastic connectors you get from the average wholesaler / B&Q / Wickes etc..

Are rubbish nowadays..

Both plastic insulation and the screw threads!

As ProD said try and get a ceramic connector if you are replacing it.

I would be very concerned as to why the original has melted?

Were the connections left too lose?

How long has the heater been installed for.

Hi, thanks for the replys. The original got a bit charred from a loose connection and I'm not happy just cleaning it and reusing, so I thought I would double check before searching for a replacement.

The heater has been installed for a few years,but was removed for decorating some months ago (without this connection being touched) and has been working fine since. It just stopped working the other night and on removing the cover I notice the charring on the connector and found the internal cable (to the elements from the connector block) to be loose in the connector. I have checked the resistance of each of the elements and tested the circut to the input thermostat. All seem OK and all the connections are clean & tight and the fuse is fine.

I want to get the replacement block in ready for when my electrician eventually makes it round to check it over.

Any heater spares websites in particular recommended or to be avoided?