DNO (EDF) CHARGE FOR SERVICE FUSE UPGRADE

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dno done mine last month from a 60A to 80A and put a cut out swtich in no charge

maximun 80A as there supply was 16mm swa

this seems wrong its their cable not the customers, edf/and other suppliers dno's should maitain there network to the highest of standards afterall its them who installed it!!

this seems wrong its their cable not the customers, edf/and other suppliers dno's should maitain there network to the highest of standards afterall its them who installed it!!
I agree that they should but as said as a previous government made it so people can buy there electric and other services off the milkman so to speak so you now have companies that are only interested in profit and its the customer thats paying. Although what these suppliers do charge there really should be enough to maintain the network but as said its all about profit.

Thing is guys, an upgrade from 60 to 80 or 100A is not maintenance is it, surely?

This is a modification to the network and an upgrade to the customer.

I do however, believe that they should maintain the network appropriately.

Thing is guys, an upgrade from 60 to 80 or 100A is not maintenance is it, surely?This is a modification to the network and an upgrade to the customer.
exactly what i said in post 3.

its not much different to having your house re-wired, then deciding you want a 12KW shower instead of the 9KW that now needs a larger cable, yet expecting this to be changed FOC.

Sorry Andy, don't remember reading that!

I'll check now!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:20 ----------

Yep like Andy said in post 3!