Do you go for extra skills that aren't electrical?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's not an edge bander its a moulder aint it?

; -))))

Cant do smileys this time on Fri pm!

Paul

I was lucky to work for an employer that believed in the right tools for the job, the red fork lift was a special , 1.5 tonnes at 8.5 mtrs on a counter balance was unheard of almost everything about that truck was a special build.From the extra wide front tyres the the hydralic spreading forks to allow for the smallest of pallets to its more regular 4.1 mtr loads

Is it a problem with the picture or are you ginger :eek:
My true colour is ginger , so I am told but the hair on TOP of my head is strawberry blonde with the odd grey coming in :^O

that's not an edge bander its a moulder aint it? ; -))))

Cant do smileys this time on Fri pm!

Paul
No Paul sorry mate is a hot melt glue , glue is in pellets and so I was told its main ingrediant is an animal protein , I repaired that machine on a regular basis 200+ degrees did wonderful things to it , machine trimmed top and bottom but profile and rear was finished by hand with the use of a number 2 cut half round file.

To steer thread back on course, i have:

Ipaf 3a&3b (scissor lift and mobile boom)

cscs and ccnsg cards

first aid, oxygen administrator and emergency defibrillator operator.

Looking into:

Nebosh General Certificate

Asbestos Awareness

PASMA (mobile/tower scaffold)

To steer thread back on course, i have:Ipaf 3a&3b (scissor lift and mobile boom)

cscs and ccnsg cards

first aid, oxygen administrator and emergency defibrillator operator.

Looking into:

Nebosh General Certificate

Asbestos Awareness

PASMA (mobile/tower scaffold)
Thats a nice collection to have :eek: , do you feel thinkings are getting a bit silly ?

Thats a nice collection to have :eek: , do you feel thinkings are getting a bit silly ?
Yes and no. Was quite interesting to read some comments on the Experience or Qualifications poll.

Personally I think experience counts for a lot but someone had an interesting point when they replied, someone with X years experience but no qualifications just shows laziness. Never looked at it that way before.

Personally, I'm aiming for all these qualifications to keep my options open. I have a plan where i want to be in 2-3 yrs and i just feel these quals are keeping me firmly on that path.

However some courses do seem to be licences to print money (CSCS for one)

Personally, I'm aiming for all these qualifications to keep my options open. I have a plan where i want to be in 2-3 yrs
Judging by the scissor lift and the mobile towers you are wanting to go up in the world

:coat