does this comply?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stupidest more like. What if someone plugs their fingers in?
What if someone takes a socket off and sticks their tongue on the live

What if someone finds yor radial under the floorboards and connects a 10kw shower to it

What if all the plugs in the world never needed fuses any more

what if, what if, what if,, give it a rest!!! :yellow card

Have you ever tried to see if you can stick you fingers in a socket, bet you carnt.....The BS standard says you carn't for a start..

I think you'll find that anyone who plugs anything in that isn't to BS1363 standard are the ones who will be at fault, not the person who installed the circuit.

This probably includes your fuse-less plugs;)

What if someone takes a socket off and sticks their tongue on the liveWhat if someone finds yor radial under the floorboards and connects a 10kw shower to it

What if all the plugs in the world never needed fuses any more

what if, what if, what if,, give it a rest!!! :yellow card
All your what ifs require tools. Only tools needed to tale a plug out are posting above.

and your what if requires a 'tool' to be inserted into the socket to touch a live part so you can then touch that, since even a baby's fingers are too big to fit into a socket

This probably includes your fuse-less plugs;)
They aren't mine. They come from HK.

Maybe you should ask the IET what they think? NAPIT Already said no. I'm sure the rest would too.

thats the bit you missed. You install dsso's that have fuses then? Aren't they normally in the plug?
Between the reduction of the cable size and the device.

The FUSE IS THE DEVICE.

Ie if there are any connections on the radial ie a JB which taps into the radial which then feeds another 4 sockets, then the protective fuse device in the original plug which fits into the original socket will no longer be able to protect that cable. ;)

this is ghetting really boring now, please admin or the mods would someone close this thread as its getting tiresom. !!

oh and just for the record it doesnt comply with regs, :^O :^O

Don't care what happens to the person but what if it causes more than 26A on the cable?
i think the dead burnt to a crisp person maybe of a little more concern than the cable :popcorn