does this comply?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am afraid threads like this boare me to death. The way I see it a cable that is rated at 28 amps in perfect conditions should not be used on a 32 amp circuit simple if you do its poor design of circuit and why would you want to do it anyway when you could use a 20 amp circuit breaker or two.
so you have never added a spur to a ring using 2.5?

That is not the question the question was would two 2.5 mm radials on a 32 amp circuit comply as said it may comply but is poor design and probably would not be done for many reasons mainly anybody testing board will think its a ring main and too me they could be extended and then probably will certainly not comply.
like ive said before, if you were to move these 2 radials to a ring main MCB, so it shares the MCB with the ring, it would be fully compliant (as spurs from the ring), yet nothing else has changed.

I haven't read all the pages to this thread, and neither am I going to.Going on what you state above; Ian, The fuse in the plug will protect the appliance and cable that it is attached to, Yes. Has this thread turned into a wind up?
I do not think there is any argument whit that but an accessory fuse can not protect the permanent cable installed before the socket.

sorry there are 5 points on the ring.

regardless in the ring example how does the spur get its overload protection?

I do not think there is any argument whit that but an accessory fuse can not protect the permanent cable installed before the socket.
I wouldn't do that, Even though, it may or may not be in the regs. :|

One Point, per spur on the ring or radial, UNLESS you have added a 13A FCU after the Point at which, you have spurred off, Then there is no limit as to how many points you add to that spur.

then you spur has no overload protection.

now im guessing you have added a spur to a ring main on a few occasions.

you should go back to them all, and remove it since you have omitted overload protection, and it does not comply with the regs.

I complied with the regs by omitting it for that scenario. The same can not be said for the radial example.