durrrr....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone else do anything daft today, or was it just me?
Sorry to have to tell you this but you just do not have the monopoly on doing daft things :^O

I was watching the guy over the road from me attempting to scrape off his car windscreen this morning.

He spent some time on it but then had a wonderful brainwave and boy do I wish I had my camcorder set up.

He went in the house and returned with an electric kettle in his hand and poured the content on the Windscreen.

I saw him jump back and heard the crack from inside my living room...... :red card :slap :eek: :slap

Or what about the guy that spent ages scraping every window, clearing snow etc then pressed the immobiliser key and the car next to him flashes!

BTW used to do the kettle trick all the time never had a cracked screen

Or what about the guy that spent ages scraping every window, clearing snow etc then pressed the immobiliser key and the car next to him flashes!BTW used to do the kettle trick all the time never had a cracked screen
But did you use a boiling kettle ??????

But did you use a boiling kettle ??????
well it wasnt boiling when I poured it cos the flex wouldnt reach outside.....

Sorry but the thread is entitled durrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes boil kettle pour over screen. These days better to have a Ford derived vehicle with a quickclear screen

well it wasnt boiling when I poured it cos the flex wouldnt reach outside.....Sorry but the thread is entitled durrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes boil kettle pour over screen. These days better to have a Ford derived vehicle with a quickclear screen
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I ask all to note that the originator of this thread gave it the title Duhhh and asked if we had done anything stupid today.

It is turning into a thread about cleaning windscreens and this is not how it was intended.

My apologies to the originator. :Blushing :Blushing :Blushing :Blushing

first thing on a morning i put the heater on. by the time i go out, its usually melted, or not far from it.

if i dont have as much time though, its cold water straight from the tap

Andy, I hope you lock your car while its warming up (with spare key) If you do that down here the car would be gone !!!!

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Anyway Sprocket, what did you do then ?

Andy, I hope you lock your car while its warming up (with spare key) If you do that down here the car would be gone !!!!
dont need engine on. got an eberspacher D2.

also, little tip for those who do use a spare key to lock door: get a copy key made (just the metal - no chip etc. use this one to start car (holding chipped key next to sensor). once started, engine will not shut off when chipped key is removed.

or better still, get a runlock

Nowt special really - spent an hour and a half chasing a fault that was my own making and was right under my nose

but from that Ive learned how not to de-ice my windscreen :put the kettle on

every cloud eh? :^O

Heres one:

I'm a 1st year apprentice. Bloke I was working with told me to change a blank plate as I had put it on upside down. I laughed at him and asked if he was taking the p*ss!!

Turns out you can put a blank plate on upside down.... headbang