EICR Unsatisfactory - need advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Steptoe may also want the dancing girls before during and after the inspection and some to accompany him back in his van then to some suitable overnight accommodation.

Doc H.

An update!

So - I had a new EICR done today.  And (surprise surprise) he didn't find any problem with any of the original C2s.  There were a couple of small things that the original chap missed, but he rectified those.

However, I still don't have a satisfactory EICR though.  Lots of C3s, but it's still unsatisfactory because of one FI, relating to the "Lucy Oxford" fuse carrier.  He suspects it might have a fused neutral because of the shape.  Currently waiting for UK Power Networks to come and investigate, but no idea how long they'll be.  Trying to get this sorted by tomorrow as we're supposed to be exchanging contracts on the house - and our buyer won't exchange without a piece of paper that says "satisfactory".  Wish me luck!

cq18GGD.jpg.2ed1d74fbef6b2b18da56a4cc317f3a1.jpg

You are not going to like this, BUT I don't think the second inspector can really give you a C2 for the service head as its not something he or another "general" spark can fix!

From the look of it there isn't a seal so why didn't he take a look?

It was an FI, not C2, don't know if that makes a difference?

The box seemed seized shut so he didn't want to risk trying to open it.

So its an FI and he's given you an "unsatisfactory" - I would get on the phone and get him to resubmit it as "satisfactory" with a comment about the service head.....

DNO equipment is not covered by 7671 so he cannot code it. he can note it but thats the most he can do. FI is also not unsatisfactory, neither is C3. it would only be unsatisfactory if there was a C1 or C2

sounds like you have another muppet  but better than the first

Sidewinder is correct, an FI is a code in its own right and results in an unsatisfactory, see Notes on the condition report, point 9, 17th Ed 3rd Amendment p426

See also Schedule Of Inspections item no 1.2, "Condition of service head", inspection where possible is a required item and codable.

The bit which says the EICR can be unsatisfactory because of the service head. A part a spark has zero control over. 

AND the report could be for the installation downstream of the meter!