ELECSA assessment passed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk-mike

Reaction score
Had my first elecsa assessment on Friday just gone. I was absolutely bricking it prior to the assessment (i seem to suffer with really bad exam nerves :rolleyes: )

Got all the paperwork out the way fine, showed him my main job (CU change) had additional jobs available (PIR light and some extra sockets at a neighbours) but was happy with just the CU change.

Grilled me on building regs quite well (impressed myself as I didn't need to revert to any of the books for answers)

Got a few wiring regs type questions thrown in here and there for good measure.

Got asked to perform Ze, PEFC/PSCC tests, RFC tests, R1&R2 on a radial circuit and RCD tests

Commented that the CU change was very neat (not as neat and tidy as I like though)

Passed with flying colours no observations or non-conformances

Well done mate. He got you to do alot of testing didn't he. Mine just asked for a zs test on a radial and ze. Best get the beers from kmes fridge and the rounds on you lol

Congrats mike

Got mine with Elecsa on Dec 20th. Did he get you to do a full RFC test or just explain the different steps and results.

Who did you have by the way got a guy called peter meakln nobody seems to have heard of him.

cheers

Neil

Congrats mikeGot mine with Elecsa on Dec 20th. Did he get you to do a full RFC test or just explain the different steps and results.

Who did you have by the way got a guy called peter meakln nobody seems to have heard of him.

cheers

Neil
Hi Neil

I got Daniel Yeates, very nice guy explains what he (elecsa) is looking for and is very thorough. Testing wise on the RFC I did end to end on RFC and started talking about step2 &3 and the expected results based on step1 and that seemed good enough for him. Mind u I did get asked to perform quite a few tests :D

You'll be fine, just get your paperwork sorted (i put mine into an expanding folder so it was all to hand readily) brush up on the building regs, chases, notches, ventilation, energy saving lamps, fire barriers etc.

Make sure your certs are double checked for your assessment piece(s) they'll be referring to them during the assessment.

Just eagerly awaiting my membership pack and log in now. I have called the helpline for some advice before my assesment and they were really helpful, friendly and above all very prompt with the reply, so that's a major thumbs up in my book.

Regards Mike

Congratulations mk-mike. Did you know you can have you scheme logo added under you user name if you follow the links in the bottom of this post.

Doc H.

Cheers mike

Thanks for advice think im ready lol. Just got to do job ,cu change at neighbours next week done survey and tests pretty straight foward but stiil pooin me pants.

Neil

That's a must although my guy polietly declined the offer of coffee and biscuits and I got chocolate hobnobs in especially :rolleyes:

Well done Mike.

:Applaud :Salute

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts