Elecsa Certs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking to join Elecsa in next 6 months and wondered if they done Certs that you can print off for non-elecsa contractors like NIC do. Ive got the NIC ones but the inspector from Elecsa will want to see some completed Certs for previous jobs and dont think he would want to see NIC ones ]:) .

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

well you cant exactly show him elecsa certs if your not reg'd with them....

so you can show him an NIC cert, a plain printed cert, or go to a wholesaler and they should have an NCR pad of blank certs

The NIC do NCR pads for non registered contractors, so you can show NIC certs to the NIC for an NIC initial assessment. The NIC non registered forms are just the standard forms with the NIC logo on, but no boxes for registration numbers. I think the question was do ELECSA also do them with the ELECSA logo but for unregistered contractors.
Im not sure if the NIC green certs do have the logo on,

I honestly dont think they do IIRC.

Im not sure if the NIC green certs do have the logo on,I honestly dont think they do IIRC.
Yeah, you might be right. Was sort of doubting myself as I typed it, not got them to hand so can;t check. Got loads of them somewhere though.

Yeah, you might be right. Was sort of doubting myself as I typed it, not got them to hand so can;t check. Got loads of them somewhere though.
me too, somewhere, I gave a lot to a friend recently and IIRC he asked who made them so thats whats making me think no branding, but identical layout otherwise.

, I think Elecsa guy would actually be a little smug that you been using Nic certs but decided to go with them instead.

Just deciding which scam to go with myself (napit or elecsa) when I enquired about same thing for initial assessment they told me the IEE ones would be fine, photocopy them out the book. Napit also have ones on their website to download you can use.

Would download rather than photocopy. Elecsa will accept any cert as long as it complies with 7671.

Didn't ELCSA do ones that you can fill in on line and then download?

I know the IET did some that you can save as PDF and then fill in and print out, but there were a few problems with some of the fields.

The ones linked above are PDF IIRC. Not sure I have seen a site that lets you fill them in but thats a good idea. Maybe suggest it to TYsoft for an Easycert online version.

Actually it was the ECA, and it was a PIR thinking about it.

Fill it in On line then save it as a PDF.