Elecsa/ Napit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
My boss has decided to join napit we are a small business with 4 workers in total, he has had an information pack of napit seems a good scheme to join, but do you need to have your 2391 so you can do pir's, but going with elecsa you can opt in to do pir's, with opting out doing this you wont need your 2391 with elecsa will you.

My boss has said that i will be the one getting viewed and assesed so if he sticks with napit he will have to fork out the money for the 2391 so is it best to go elecsa as we dont do any pir's.

As far as I know , you don't need to be in a scam.. ( Sorry)...scheme to do PIRs. They are just inspections ,no work on domestic premises carried out.
Which is just daft.

As far as I know , you don't need to be in a scam.. ( Sorry)...scheme to do PIRs. They are just inspections ,no work on domestic premises carried out.
Correct, only competency needed to do PIR. Comes back to the question of, does a qualification make you competent? I think in the case of 2391, it probably does.

If he wants to join NAPIT and carry out PIRs ALL operatives will have to have 2391 or NAPIT equivalent. NAPIT does not run a qualifying supervisor setup i.e. your boss can't sign off your PIRs only you can.

Latest posts