Electric Garage Doors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hia all, having a chat yesterday during My driving lesson with My instructor, she asked if I knew anyone that sells and installs garage doors. I mentioned to her that I would ask here if any of you guys know of any? or any approvals companies perhaps? I assume that the ampage needed to open and close these doors isnt alot? I only ask as I am doing a preliminary specification for her and I need an idea on numbers. I have seen this garage, so if anyone needs any further information then please say so. If anyone has got any advice it would certainly be appreciated.

Many Thanks

AndyGuinness

There's a firm near me that does garage doors. Can find out the name if you require. But I would've thought there'd be someone reasonably local.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:43 ----------

A 3A supply is usually suficient.

Hia all, having a chat yesterday during My driving lesson with My instructor, she asked if I knew anyone that sells and installs garage doors. I mentioned to her that I would ask here if any of you guys know of any? or any approvals companies perhaps? I assume that the ampage needed to open and close these doors isnt alot? I only ask as I am doing a preliminary specification for her and I need an idea on numbers. I have seen this garage, so if anyone needs any further information then please say so. If anyone has got any advice it would certainly be appreciated.Many Thanks

AndyGuinness
:eek: :eek: :eek: :run :run:run :eek: :O:O

I have installed and fitted Electric garage doors, nothing to them really. 13A fused spur for power supply, the rest is basically bolting on the door frames, insert door, if its the up and over type then these come preassembled in the frame so even easier. magic eyes, door sensors are all connected to control box, just fit them where you need them, link the remote to the control box, but more importantly don't forget a manual overide in the event remote fails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use EasyGates for all things "openy" and they do them. Personally I've only ever been involved with their electric sliding gate kit and "arm" type openers. I'd say have a go yourself if you feel confident, be upfront with her about it and use as a learning curve. Another string to your bow!

Electric Gates, Garage Door Openers and Automatic Wrought Iron Gates and Railings.

Go to the Garage Openers tab and there's a guide on there.

I was recommended to them and have in turn passed their name onto others. They are very helpful and easy to deal with on the phone and by email. There's also a forum.

Electric Gate Automation Forums

Last edited by a moderator: