Electrical Tools List...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a fuse finder? Handy piece of kit.
Must admit kme that I bought a Martindale fuse finder from e-bay. Never really used it in anger, I do use the Martindale Socket Tester with the buzzer. When you pull/trip the right fuse/mcb the really annoying buzz stops!

And you tend not to forget it either or the client contacts you to ask 'what's the annoying buzz?'

Well one of my most used bits of kit is my trusty metal flask ....

used to keep my beverages hot or cold

or clunk the non paying customer on the sweed in a enviromentally freindly / pc way

:^O

NEON screwdriver,

actually 2 of them,

so after youve cracked the 1st one and got a dig you can still use the 2nd one to make sure the cct is dead next time!

and if your having voltsticks and stoopid martindales in there then this is a much better tool.

NEON screwdriver,actually 2 of them,
make sure u drop one in a puddle ,then u can play russian roulette every time u use it to see if a circuits live :^O :^O:^O

mustn't joke a sparks actually died last year cos of that very thing :_| poor ****** , his apprentice dropped it in puddle wiped it off and handed it to him ,there was water inside the casing . :_|

make sure u drop one in a puddle ,then u can play russian roulette every time u use it to see if a circuits live :^O :^O:^Omustn't joke a sparks actually died last year cos of that very thing :_| poor ****** , his apprentice dropped it in puddle wiped it off and handed it to him ,there was water inside the casing . :_|
I really wouldnt be without one,

no matter what, if i lost broke or whatever mine on a job I would actually go woolies or local hardware shop buy one till i got another decent(can i say that about neons?) one.

I really do think timewise and for fault finding there is yet no other tool i know about so effective,

please prove me wrong someone.

and if anyone even thinks about saying voltstick then thats just proving your a noob. B)

I really wouldnt be without one,no matter what, if i lost broke or whatever mine on a job I would actually go woolies or local hardware shop buy one till i got another decent(can i say that about neons?) one.

I really do think timewise and for fault finding there is yet no other tool i know about so effective,

please prove me wrong someone.

and if anyone even thinks about saying voltstick then thats just proving your a noob. B)
Ok m8. You like neons, (even though they can be deadly). Fairy snow. :eek:

There is a variation on these, which have an L.E.D., and battery. Hold the TIP, and put the body beside (not on) a cable, and the led lights. :) They also work as continuity testers:), and can detect microwave leaks on oven doors.( not that I`ve tried this!!!!!) ?:|

Usually about a quid. Crap as a screwdriver; and cheaper to replace unit than batteries; but far better than neon. :D

Voltstick....???? I thought admin 2 asked for the swearing to be stopped on here????? :^O :^O