Euro Kitchen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I returned to this installation today:

Firstly it's PME...

The 10mm Water bond was left abandoned, without a care in the world.

5 sockets were L/N reversed........... :|

The spur feed, was from a downstairs socket, (after a little bit of soul searching)... :|

And here is where the Polish confusion arises, they didn't seem to understand that:

Red = Live (So connect the Brown)

Black = Neutral (So connect the Blue)

They did the opposite.........

Every cable to the back of the sockets was either finger tight or fell out, when I unscrewed the sockets from the wall.

OK... The feed to the Kitchen was to an FCU, protecting all the sockets... :^O

But was wired incorrectly, so didn't actually do anything:O

(The 1 working socket for the cooker, was connected to the old shower feed, also in reverse (had to remove a tile to get it out))

So how did I resolve this?

The supplying socket was on a outside wall and 2 of the Kitchen sockets were accessible form the outside (Supplying W/M & D/W), the one other socket on the opposite wall, plus the 2 doubles in the small passage way to the Kitchen were only available at the FCU (not accessible from the outside).

So I extended the ring at the original supplying socket, took this outside in conduit, to the 2 afore mentioned sockets, one of these had a spur cable to the FCU point.

From here I connected the 3 remaining sockets to the FCU (13A)...

And reconnected the Bonding...

Job done for today...

Except for a couple of changes required in the CU..I ran out of time, it was late and had been long day. the good lady is having me back to resolve those shortly...

And they are:

1 socket on a 40A MCB.. (RCD protected:^ O)

And moving the ring on to the RCD side of the CU, for obvious reasons I decided not to fiddle about with the board, as it was getting late...

Phew............

I might also add the Britich Gas electrician, who made the Kitchen safe, by disconnecting the FCU, was wrong:

Neutral and Earth were not reversed...

The main bondings were present (But one not connected, he didn't open the GAS supply white box to check this was present, but undersized).

He also incorrectly assumed the spur was from an upstairs socket...

:(

(Back later guys..)

I might also add the Britich Gas electrician, who made the Kitchen safe, by disconnecting the FCU, was wrong:Neutral and Earth were not reversed...

The main bondings were present (But one not connected, he didn't open the GAS supply white box to check this was present, but undersized).

He also incorrectly assumed the spur was from an upstairs socket...

:(

(Back later guys..)
Im just wondering how he was wrong?

did he actually stipulate one singular reason why he had disconnected?

or did he just state unsafe?

or is it word of mouth?

at the end of the day, he disconnected an unsafe installation, what is so wrong with that? even if for the wrong reasons.!?

Im just wondering how he was wrong?did he actually stipulate one singular reason why he had disconnected?

or did he just state unsafe?

or is it word of mouth?

at the end of the day, he disconnected an unsafe installation, what is so wrong with that? even if for the wrong reasons.!?
Good point steptoe...

But did you check my previous post today and I quote:

The connection at the spur was incorrect and all 5 sockets were reversed L/N?

Which actually means all the sockets were correct polarity.. :D

Anyway yes Steptoe he did find a fault and disconnected and unsafe circuit, but the fact he was wrong in that L/N was reversed and not N/E indicates a misunderstanding of fault diagnosis...

So clearly identification of conductors was the main fault, but the supply to the cooker was incorrect..

And he left a written report of which I read...

:)

Yeah - for their cheap prices.Ext - Have they got certification for this work????? EIC / MWC / BRCC??
Ain't got s**t...

But they will be getting one from me.. :D

And I forgot to add........ :(

I didn't isolate the supply and got a right belter in front of the customer......

:_|

And I forgot to add........ :( I didn't isolate the supply and got a right belter in front of the customer......

:_|
:^O

Sorry Mate - I couldn't resist.

Just been back, they want another socket in the kitchen.. :_|
But it is directly above the terminal box on the outside conduit I have fitted, just need to carefully drill those awfully nice tiles, so I can sink a backbox.. :eek:

(As you do..)

:D

you know you love it !!!

my eastern europeans wired the kitchen in 1mm not 1.5mm as i thought :^O

still looking for the junction box though ?:|

you know you love it !!!my eastern europeans wired the kitchen in 1mm not 1.5mm as i thought :^O

still looking for the junction box though ?:|
Yes, perhaps...