External WiFi or access point ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Customer wants broadband in their new garden office.

running CAT 5 means about 70 meters of cable due to the lawn, garage and house positions so I’m wondering about an external WiFi or access point - which would be about 30 meters in a straight line

ive not installed anything like this so looking for pointers / recommendations

thanks

running CAT 5 means about 70 meters of cable due to the lawn, garage and house positions so I’m wondering about an external WiFi or access point - which would be about 30 meters in a straight line

thanks
I have always recommended customers to run a cat5 cable in duct/pipe, same trench as Swa as a back up. Is the supply already in or clipped.?

I have always recommended customers to run a cat5 cable in duct/pipe, same trench as Swa as a back up. Is the supply already in or clipped.?

The supply has just been run in and the gardeners have back filled 50% of the height of the trench!

I'm just pondering options - its the visibility of the cable around 50% of the outside of the house I'm trying to give the customer options on.

thanks
I've installed wifi aerials for CCTV cameras, they do work.