Faulty 110v light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I deleted it because I had names & info of accident & who repaired the unit & (supposedly) PAT'd the unit after repair.

Got to go & get some kip I'm back out there for 23:00

Probably some Firefighter thought i could fix that M haha, what are you doing out on the fire ground M ???

Probably some Firefighter thought i could fix (you could be right 999, just like the 13amp 3 pin plug on both ends of flex to run some sockets in a dorm :red card ) that M haha, what are you doing out on the fire ground M ???
Communications support is the primary role, but that usualy rolls into spare body for relief

Yeah seen it all on the news M, looks like something from the states or in oz. All the best mate :)

Biggest job I've been on mate....... we had a make up to 40 last night, high winds made it flare & we had 50-60ft scots pines with flames crowning over them & across a road, first time I've seen fire travel up a hillside at a speed faster than a man can run.

Since Monday we've had assets from as far a field as Gloucester - all over London - length & bredth of Hampshire - Surrey - Wilts - Avon - Oxon - Herts & Bucks, there are 6 HVP's with some 8-9 mile of 150mm, most are currently pumping from the lakes at Sandhurst....thats a lot of water used so far 24/7 for 7 days......

All I can say is I'm glad it has rained, just need a lot more of it but without the lightening would be handy.

M,Once you recover you'll have to explain some of these fire service terms mate!
Make up = additional fire engines required (we went from 30 on the job, requested extra 10 giving a "make pumps 40")

Flare = woodland looks like fire is out, slight wind makes it burst back into flame.

Crowning fire = fire at top of trees jumps from tree top to tree top & is forward of the ground fire, fire fighters can be surrounded by fire with out knowing it....untill it is to late. This is also how the fire crosses firebreaks.

HVP = High Volume Pump these are a pumping unit carried on a prime mover (lorry that drops the rear flat bed). They contain 3Km of 150mm hose each, the pumps are penta deisel powered hydro sub pumping units & can shift 7,000 litres of water per minute along the 3Km of 150mm hose.