Feeling A Little Ripped Off

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky Tesla

Reaction score
Been on youtube looking to see Peaky Blinders season 1 ( a cracking series i might add) which is on BBC1.   It is on youtube but you are prompted to pay £1.89 from the BBCstore to see it.  I thought i had already purchased it when i paid my TV licence.  

What is everyone elses opinion?

Broadcasted TV and catchup tv are different animals.

you pay tv licence for the broadcasted stuff but not for catch up so in theory you don't need a tv licence to watch stuff that has already been aired.

Ever watch 4od either on their site or youtube? So many freaking adverts!

BBC worldwide also has adverts.

It probably feels like a rip Off because your so used to getting it free?

Also your paying a premium because the BBC are paying 5x the amount of staff than the commercial channels do.

Not sure if it's right but they got to make more money compete somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling ripped off now? just wait fill they announce the next amendment in the very near future
each copy comes with a tube of Anusol...for those who feel they have been reamed by yet ANOTHER purchase

i may seriously go digital

...might also buy a new printer
default_Out%20of%20depth.gif

Remember we also pay for commercial TV  via the adverts added to the cost of the product .

And as a child I remember there was no threatening you with the  "Nasty Man'll get you "  etc ....it was The Peaky Blinders will come for you .  For years I thought it was something my Mom made up .              

Remember we also pay for commercial TV  via the adverts added to the cost of the product .

And as a child I remember there was no threatening you with the  "Nasty Man'll get you "  etc ....it was The Peaky Blinders will come for you .  For years I thought it was something my Mom made up .              
WTF is happening to you Deke,?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

down wiv the kids and their yank chat,,,,   :shakehead

who are you?

what have you done to the real SOTC ??????

Don't understand Stepps!  I'm still Spark of the Millenium .    Whats wrong with Mom ?    Where is the Yank chat ?   Thats what you call your Mum round here.    The Peaky Blinders DID actually exist in Brum 

Even I would say that MOM is the way Americans spell the word meaning your mother i.e. MUM

Careful taking the mick out of Deke guys, if he gets upset he'll tell his Pop on you, and boy will he open a can of whoop-ass on y'all ;)

Paying for old stuff is nothing new.  Just about all the subscription channels on Sky are just you paying to watch old stuff that has already been shown before on free tv. One reason I don't have pay tv myself.

Made worse by the fact some of the subscription channels on sly are actually free on freeview.

WOW Cool Man...............me mam used to say something about a man in a white van wi square wheels will come and take me away.