Frustrating

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr T

Reaction score
Last bit of work in the year all going well until you find a fault ....

1 light in a lobby

3 cables marked mains in , mains out and switch so simple enough arrangement

no voltage between loop and Live on the klick rose or at switch

disconnect all 3 cables from the rose and power up and as expected I have 240v across live and neutral on 1 cable so there is my mains in - I then power off and then do a continuity test to ensure I have the right switch wire and after testing I get a closed circuit, I then seperate the switch live and the live at the klick rose and test again and I first of all get open circuit and then second time I get a resistance so a bit puzzling......

Im hoping ive missed something simple.

kind regards

stephen

you sure its the switch wire and not continuity through another lamp somewhere?

what sort of tester are you using? wrt the amount of juice its sending down the cable.

Mr T put your tester across the one you think is the switch and get someone to turn it on and off , that will prove its the switch . Thats all you need to know.

Well, make sure you mark the sw/wire with some tape.

Perhaps the problem was you were not in the mood for work. you had already switched off into holiday mode and didn't want to be there.

i had that feeling Thursday

went to an ongoing job to do a few bits floor is up and just the joists with insulation showing (ground floor) slipped

4 ft void,,,my arm stopped me going through,,,,,,black bruise from elbow to shoulder,,,,,,

got me tools and went home for Christmas...

I thought xmas had come early Thurday had a job at local bingo hall change 2 (APS) Air Presure Switches in the kitchen for 2 current sensing ones,

So i do the first one showing the apprentice how it's done, any how i've done my one get the app on the other one,

So i nip out to the bar having a chat with the manager and he's deputy manager fit bird about 23-26ish she's got her legs on side of table could see stocking tops the all of a sudden she get up and takes them off lovely set of legs.

Had same thing yesterday got to the job broke a back box couldnt be bothered to go get a new one so went home and did some paper work!

I thought xmas had come early Thurday had a job at local bingo hall change 2 (APS) Air Presure Switches in the kitchen for 2 current sensing ones,So i do the first one showing the apprentice how it's done, any how i've done my one get the app on the other one,

So i nip out to the bar having a chat with the manager and he's deputy manager fit bird about 23-26ish she's got her legs on side of table could see stocking tops the all of a sudden she get up and takes them off lovely set of legs.
Bacon I'm struggling to understand this post , how much did you have to drink? Takes her stockings off? Takes her legs off ?

Guinness :YTakes her stocking off and she's got a lovely set of legs and then me and the manager say why stop their get up on the stage and go the whole hog.

Tuesday I didn't want to be tracing a fault in a lighting circuit that I'd started last week. Bedroom floor up tracing cable runs, back down stairs to where I'd left a light fitting disconnected last week where the fault was traced up to. Now find I've got a dead short Neutral/Earth!!! That wasn't there last week! What's happened?! Scratch head, run around checking switches, other light fittings that were previously OK - nothing wrong!

Starting to panic now, don't want to be here, nearly lunch, got to get the bedroom back together and still a dead short.

Power back on to confirm the supply to the light again, dead short cable has supply on it.

Worked it out yet? headbang

Yep!! :C

Just shows when you don't want to be there you miss the most obvious things headbang

Latest posts