GE Consumer units.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking through the Toolstation catalogue noticed they sell the new GE consumer units. Now have used GE consumer units in the past via BDC and never had any problems with them. As I tend to use main switch consumer units these days with RCBO's was looking for wholesaler that sells GE gear as I need larger than 8 way boards which is what Toolstation sell. Anybody know a wholesaler that sells GE gear?

Batty, I have a feeling that Denmans Steeple brand is GE rebranded......others may clarify if this is so .

I buy there basic stuff which is control gear direct but the consumer units supplied are a bit flimsy and cheap looking so was looking for a better looking consumer unit with a bit of space at the top.

Yeah . the controlgear stuff is at the bottom end of the market ,but their Steeple range is better quality all round ,and as i say i think it is GE rebranded.....on the subject of controlgear and headroom for rcbos though they do a unit especially increased in height for such applications.

Yeah . the controlgear stuff is at the bottom end of the market ,but their Steeple range is better quality all round ,and as i say i think it is GE rebranded.....on the subject of controlgear and headroom for rcbos though they do a unit especially increased in height for such applications.
Yes that is what I have tried good price but the consumer unit is a little flimsy although roomy but

The new GE stuff is absolute sh1te.

Plastic dinrails, flimsy enclosures.

Buy cheap and you will regret it.

The new GE stuff is absolute sh1te.Plastic dinrails, flimsy enclosures.

Buy cheap and you will regret it.
So what do you recommend for RCBO consumer units that have a good amount off space at top?