Havells RCBO?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure thats the 6KA version for the 'Homesafe' range of domestic boards...fitted a handful of these boards as well... much to my chagrin...try finding any bits for the short lived 'Newlec' version of those..the sparkly paintjob drew me in...

Was just comming in here to say, that if you can find the newlec range of about 5-8 years ago then they appear to be identical to the havells prosafe stuff (you have to look closely at labels to see there is braker with a different name in the board. It does say 6ka on it, and while I suspect its effectivly been downrated to suit requirements, I'd only fit it where the PFC is actually less than 6kA. But providing thats the case, then I would not have any issues fitting the newlec stuff in a havells board as its not really mix and match in my view, its badge engineering. Like MEMshield 2 and Bill tailsman plus. Crabtree and siemens (and now I think the new version of the newlec stuff).

Strange that the newlec stuff was based off prosafe rather than homesafe, but it was, I've got a C63 prosafe MCB fitted in a havells board here that I ordered from newlec just before the range changed after I found I couldn't get a havells one.

I'll have a look think I might actually one of what you want (and actually havells) in a box in the garage ceiling, will have a look later/tommorow

Was just comming in here to say, that if you can find the newlec range of about 5-8 years ago then they appear to be identical to the havells prosafe stuff (you have to look closely at labels to see there is braker with a different name in the board. It does say 6ka on it, and while I suspect its effectivly been downrated to suit requirements, I'd only fit it where the PFC is actually less than 6kA. But providing thats the case, then I would not have any issues fitting the newlec stuff in a havells board as its not really mix and match in my view, its badge engineering. Like MEMshield 2 and Bill tailsman plus. Crabtree and siemens (and now I think the new version of the newlec stuff).

Strange that the newlec stuff was based off prosafe rather than homesafe, but it was, I've got a C63 prosafe MCB fitted in a havells board here that I ordered from newlec just before the range changed after I found I couldn't get a havells one.

I'll have a look think I might actually one of what you want (and actually havells) in a box in the garage ceiling, will have a look later/tommorow
Thats interesting, I had never clocked the Newlec ones were based on the powersafe rather than homesafe...I actually only ever fitted 1 powersafe board and 3 or 4 sparkly Newlec ones..I do have the Havells catalogues somewhere from that era so will compare the pics to the odd couple of spare Newlec MCBs I have. The Newlec boards were actually excellent bits of kit and I was disappointed when they were discontinued, seem to remember they came with commercial style gland plates with a swappable choice of round or square knockouts, which adds weight to them being based on Powersafe.

My main concern being asked to add a new circuit or alter existing to one of the Newlec boards I have fitted as they have 63A type AC (I think) RCDs, I wonder which RCBOs fit? they were all dual RCD high integrity that I fitted so have spare RCBO ways. More ebay research required now my interest is reawakened..!

Latest posts