Heating in a chapel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
I have been asked to quote to replace 4 old 3kw fan heaters at a chapel as they are becoming rather load and they are finding it doesn't seem to get hot enough anymore (possibly due to the fact that their timers are rubbish, one doesn't work and one is a 7 day mechanical one so probably only running 2 heaters a lot of the time)

the room is 11 metres by 7.5 metres and has a 4.3m ceiling

I calculate that at arround 55k BTU's ??

I seem to have three 30a ring circuits to play with (across 2 phases)

Any ideas as to the best way to heat it as I've been looking online but panel heaters/radiators don't seem to have enough output and I don't understand the output figures for more commercial looking fan heaters??

?:|

The quartz halogens are good. I was in a Baptist Chapel recently and it was really cold and as soon as they came on it was warm. radiant heat works instantly. I was most impressed but think they are probably more expensive to run although they wouldnt need to be on except at the times when people were present.

:Applaud I'll discuss this with them although I'm not sure they'll like the look of them (it's an old chapel)
I'm sure they come in pitch pine and brass surrounds.......
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Now then......

There is a variant; iirc it is called "Long wave infra-red" Ceramic heating.

There is no visible light - ceramic plates are used; the IR is outside the visible spectrum; so you don`t see the light; but due to the IR nature, the heat is radiant; rather than conducted :)

Available as commercial units in many wattages - I have used in churches with very good results.

HTH

KME

Now then......There is a variant; iirc it is called "Long wave infra-red" Ceramic heating.

There is no visible light - ceramic plates are used; the IR is outside the visible spectrum; so you don`t see the light; but due to the IR nature, the heat is radiant; rather than conducted :)

Available as commercial units in many wattages - I have used in churches with very good results.

HTH

KME
Stopping that red glow??

http://www.heatlight.com/Pages/ceramic.html

thats the problem with Quartz Halogen..

if you have a few switched on it looks like a "Red-Light" district! :_|

But Warm! :| ;)

Now then......There is a variant; iirc it is called "Long wave infra-red" Ceramic heating.

HTH

KME
The whole point is seeing the light... O)