Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am young Cliff from Zimbabwe and m glad to be on this forum thanks to Google..op u r all well..

Hi, I am Steve and have my own electrical contractor company. Been a 'sparks' for a while now and came accross this site whilst searching for some info...

Hi my name is Maurice and I live in Leicestershire my age is 77

hi guys i'm currently starting a course (2330) tomorrow from what i can gather there is a lot of theory involved , but as i have done btec elec/electronic engineering i feel this course is wong for me asi have covered most of it, also done pat test/ part p, what do you think?

there is a large differenc between domestic/commercial/idustrical electrcal than electronics. obviously, some knowledge will over lap, but knowing electronics doesnt make you an electrician

hi am paul i'm currently training to be a building service and maintenance engineer, just thought this forum would be a good place to pick up sum much needed knowledge ROTFWL

hi i am tony wheatley an niceic electrician based in sheffield for over 50 years now

hope to learn from others

hello my name is sean an industrial door and dock leveller engineer in my second year of 2330 l2

Hi, I'm Jay, been a sparky/service engineer since '94 and this place has all the references to keep you on top of your game!!

Hi all

I have just found this web site and i would like to introduce myself.

I have been in the trade since 1975 started as an apprentice with Gwent electrical in Newport.

I have worked on many large projects including shopping centers hospitals power stations to mention a few

I am now working on a hospital in the cynon valley. My job tital is electrical superviser for MJN colston.

Hello guys and girls,

I'm a maintenance engineer in the nuclear industry- glad to be here. Thanks for having me!

Hello

I have just joined mainly to get information on the SECCT test for my Grandson who sits the test on Monday & is not to good at maths so would like to get lots of some sample test questions so he is well prepared.

Hi Everybody - Having done my time back in the early 80's I went off into telecoms and then sales and other stuff. Having bought a house to rennovate with some redundancy I did the wiring and was amazed at how much paperwork and regs there are now compared to 25 years ago. I thought "I can do this" so I got myself on the 238x and 239x refresher courses and Part P registered (ELECSA) and have been trading for 3+ years now as LGMI Electrical in Gloucestershire. I seem to keep busy and am picking up more commercial work now as well as the original domestic stuff (quite a few inspections and PAT testing as well). I do find that becuase I have not been practicing for years that I come across jargon and some practical issues that I have to ask for help on. Hope I can help with the technical advise in return.

Hi,

My name's Anny and I've started training to be a sparky as I graduated with a degree in English (completely useless in the real world as it turns out) 6 years ago and have been working in dreary, low paid, meaningless, dead end office jobs ever since. I spent a few days helping out my uncle who is an electrician and knew I'd found something I genuinely wanted to do with my life. As it is I'm finding the theory a lot easier than the practical but I'm hoping that will come with time and practice. I reckon being a woman in a male dominated profession should allow me to carve myself a bit of a niche in the market. I'm pretty thick skinned so I'm not worried about the ribbing I will undoubtedly receive from future co-workers. I'm about a month away from completely my Level 2 2330 cert and am hoping I can get myslef fully qualified within 3 years.

hi guys, sparky here, interesting website, hope to contribute.

cheers.

Welcome to the forum Ladies & Gents.

It's good to have you all on-board.

:D

Having completed my Master's Degree in Literature, I pursue my dreams to become a writer and what push me to do it is my passion. I really believe that whatever career we pursue, we must have the passion towards what we do. Just like a car without gasoline so are we without passion towards what we do. It is also having said that passion alone will burn us out, so we need to put our hearts and soul into what we do, giving it everything we've got.

I've to this forum because I want to learn more about the discussions here..Thanks!

hi to you all,. I am a qualified napit electrician as well as a inspect and test and have been for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts