Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, names Jamie! was told on another forum to come here to ask for advice on how to become a qualified electrician or find an apprenticeship.

Completed a Nvq level 2 in electronics and electrical and also done a Btec in a pre apprentice electrical. Would love some advice on how to become qualified or get an apprenticeship :)

Hi im Alex

Im still doing my apprenticeship, now just starting my 3rd year after getting through my 2nd year exams.

self employed sparks for 36 years.

niceic approved 35 years.

Just got *** certified for pv panel installations ( niceic)

hi nice to be a new member.

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say

regards cjwj

Hi All

My name is paul,been a maintenance spark for 30 odd years,great forum for the trade,good cross section of members.

if i am ever stuck, nearly always the answer here.

cheers

Hi,

Im Neil and am currently a contracts/project manager and NICEIC qualified supervisor for my company. I have been in the industry ten years and worked my way through from apprentice to Electrician to Foreman and finally into the office.

I like installing electrics but love designing it :)

Look forward to getting involved in the discussion on here.

Cheers

Neil

hi my names steve ive just come across the site with bing. im a spark to but just started domestic recently so bit rusty on it. site seams really helpfull so far.

hey im aaron, currently in my last year of my apprenticeship, soon to be qualified =D i've been on this site about 10 minutes and i've alrady found out some already knowledgable stuff cheers (y)

Hello I've had my time out for 15 years now and am really struggling to get work I have never seen the electrical game in such a state

Hello ,

I'm a domestic electrician working in Lancashire. This forum looks the business for keeping up with trends.

Hi. I am just getting into domestic and all that stuff. Got the qualifications just going it alone for now.

HI, I'm a newly C&G 2330 qualified sparks. Have worked in the "White Goods" industry for the last 10 years & now run my own business doing just that, now I'm qualified I can add electrical installation work into the equation, after much thought I've decided to join Elecsa & have my Inspection due very soon :eek: so if anyone has any pointers on what I may need for this, I'd be very appreciative ;

HI, I'm a newly C&G 2330 qualified sparks. Have worked in the "White Goods" industry for the last 10 years & now run my own business doing just that, now I'm qualified I can add electrical installation work into the equation, after much thought I've decided to join Elecsa & have my Inspection due very soon :eek: so if anyone has any pointers on what I may need for this, I'd be very appreciative ;

Cheers Andy for the reassurance ! Been bricking it since I got the date set, don't know why as been testing white goods & taking Zs readings for years...

...still nerve racking though with someone standing there taking notes I guess - just don't know what t expect - fear of the unknown ! BTW also currently doing the 17th Full course in the evenings.

Hi I am new to this electrical forum I am a trainee electrician started 3 weeks ago city and guilds level 2 and hoping to proceed on to level 3 then part P. Have never worked in the industry but have had association to the building industry for almost 20 years .

Hi all! My name is Amar, and just started as a gas safe engineer, and i thought to come here to learn more.

Hi All,

Always had a healthy respect for Electricity, so decided after many years of deliberation to take the plunge and actually learn about it.

Exams taken/passed so far:

2330 lvl2

PAT

17th Edition Regs

Building Regs

2330 lvl3 just the written to do 302 & 303 (gonna apply for the NVQ b4 DEC hopefully, before they change suttin)

Hope to do 2391 in a couple of weeks..then likely Solar Installation (***).

Prob is, I can't find anyone to gimme a job (even as a mate...said I'd work for free!!....I think I'm qualified more than they are...they must be scared...Yeah right..!

As expected, starting to get desperate.

Good site, Keep up the good work all...we'll get there...Eventually!

Peace

AG:pray

hi, my names joe been a sparky for 2 years just started my own business. I figure this is a good place to share any problems and maybe help others out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts