Hello to our New Members...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello every one.

I would just like to say hello. I currently work as a spark fixing power tools, however I am a mechanical engineer to trade, I have a basic electrical qualifacation but i am not a full blown spark.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:03 ----------

Hi there.

My name is Alex i currently work fixing power tools, im a mechanical engineer to trade but have a good understanding of electrics but not the regs

Hello Alex,

Welcome to the forum, It's good to have you on-board. :)

Hi, I'm Steve self employed sparky working in east Yorkshire

Welcome to the forum Steve,

It's good to have you on-board.

:)

Hi to All, I'm Mark. I've been here for one day already. see ya around

Hi All

I am Carl. I am the owner of Stator Electrical Solutions, based in Nottingham. Also I am a full time lecturer, teaching all electrical courses at Castle College, also in Nottingham.

Hello Carl,

Welcome to the forum - It's good to have you on-board.

:D

Admin.

Hi im doing my 2330 exams and wanted to join a forum to help me if i had any questions

Hi I am a training electrician and sittinging the 302 and 303 examinations in the next few weeks. I regesistered because of the good hints and help you get from this site.

Welcome to the forum Guys,

It's good to have you both on-board. :)

Hello all, Have returned to my Trade after 30 years, gone self employed and trying to concentrate on Test & Inspection.Dave

Hello Dave,

Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you on-board.

:D

Hi does anyone know what they mean when they ask for different types of electrical systems. is it Domestic, commerical an industrial or elv, single phase three phase.

hello i brill retraining as a gas engineer but hoping to go on to renewables or the new metering program were you need electics quals as well so any help would be greatful

hello I'm alan, I've been an installation electrician (mainly commercial) for 5 years (JIB + 2391) , did a career change (37years old). Currently working as a maintenance electrician as it seems a bit more secure at the moment. Got to say this forum is an excellent resource.

Ruddy hell they just keep on coming Admin..................

The canteen is gonna be murder queuing at lunch time................

Can't you just tell em all to Sod off????????? ]:) ] :) ]:) ] :)

or stop advertising or something?

Tooooooooooooooooooooo many faces to say hello tooooo..

so to EVERYONE who has joined till today..

that I haven't welcomed....

WELCOME!

to THE best electrical resource on the interweb! :D :worship:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud:Applaud

Hi all,

I came across this site whilst googling for some more understandable descriptions of IR Testing for circuits protected behind an RCD and found the best description ever on here! (Was always confused about what the best way to disconnect circuit from RCD so that it didn't give a false reading).

I've finished my 2330 Levels 2 & 3 and am currently looking to get work with an electrician / contractor so I can earn my NVQ3 bit so that I am then classed as a sparky. I'm also looking to do my 17th Soon, so I've got that as well.

I'm 30 (as of 4 days' time), live in Lancing in West Sussex, currently work in IT Support and looking forward to getting into the electrical industry at some point soon.

I decided to train whilst we were in a recession. I wish I'd just got an apprenticeship when I left school to be honest, but went the uni route instead.

I normally reside over at www.************************** but thought I'd register here too

Status
Not open for further replies.