help gas bond

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave the rave

Reaction score
If a gas bond has been missed in 4 separate flats, is in possible to bond from one flat ccu where the MET is and then link between four gas meters? Obviously without cutting the bond and keeping it continuous threw out. Is it possible to to put an earth stake at the meter and bond via that???? Help would be appreciate ,,

How are the flats supplied,,, do they each have a DNO meter or is there a sinle DNO meter and then several private meters?

You cannot bond services by an earth rod,,, think about it, what would be the point?

There are four separate flats with a meter in each , EEB came out and installed a new head in each flat, which is a TNCS, well to be honest the earth stake theory was my mates suggestion and I said I'm not putting that on ere coz I'm gonna sound like a ****, but I will do it,, you probably don't me but it's the truth lol,

There are four separate flats with a meter in each , EEB came out and installed a new head in each flat, which is a TNCS, well to be honest the earth stake theory was my mates suggestion and I said I'm not putting that on ere coz I'm gonna sound like a ****, but I will do it,, you probably don't me but it's the truth lol,
each property will need its own equipotential bonding. you cannot link one to all

and putting a stake at the meter? do you (/he) understand the point in equipotential bonding?

Yes i do thanks, The purpose of main protective bonding is to create an earthed equipotential zone. All exposed and extraneous conductive parts within this zone are connected to the Main Earth Terminal (MET) by means of the circuit protective conductors or the main protective bonding conductors. Main protective bonding conductors are required to connect the MET to extraneous conductive parts !!!! But as I said in my last thread my mate down the pub who was next to me at the time wanted me to write it as he said what's the harm it the stake thorey, all I said is dont be stupid, but I will write it and see some of the reactions I get back, no skin of my nose if you think I'm talking about my self, I just wanted help in regarding if I can come from one MET to do them all,,

looks like you got a bit work taking an earth from each property to each supply....

by the sound of it, the gas meters are all next to each other and external to the property (and look like below, expect without the rod)? if so, you dont need to take an earth all the way to the meter

IMG00041.jpg

And remember that you bond within 600mm (if practical) on the customer's side of the installation, where it enters the property... So if the meters and pipework are external then bond it where it enters the flat;)

Electrics are not rocket science, in any multiple floor occupancies, main bonding will be carried out at souce, and individual bonding done within 600mm of the supply incommer to individual flats. It is now very uncommon for gas to be supplied to flats, so the only bonding required is to the water supply. However, this is more often than not plastic anyway.

Gas is provided a lot in this odd rigid plastic pipe these days and so it may not even be earthy.

Yeah the gas pipe is that yellow ridged stuff which sort off resembles flexi copex which goes from the meter outside and then under the boiler where theres a foot of copper pipe,

Even if is copper pipe from the meters and just before it goes into the building it's been converted to they yellow stuff??

Nice one boys this is the first time I've used this forum and it's been a success, many thanks, also any Tottenham fans out there if So,,, unlucky ,,, lol