Hi All

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARTISPARKY

Reaction score
Just incase anyone wanted to know i little about me, i started my own company 7 months ago and have had no luck with bringing in work, had a couple here and there but not enough to take the family to butlins!!!!i've just this month payed my registration fee for the domestic installer scheme and am awaiting application and inspection date...i hope to pass this, bring in loads of work and money and take my family to butlins for a holiday of a lifetime.....

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck in your new business adventure. :)

living in herts, and working in london... is it just me or is the work drying up out there at the mo???

Just incase anyone wanted to know i little about me, i started my own company 7 months ago and have had no luck with bringing in work, had a couple here and there but not enough to take the family to butlins!!!!i've just this month payed my registration fee for the domestic installer scheme and am awaiting application and inspection date...i hope to pass this, bring in loads of work and money and take my family to butlins for a holiday of a lifetime.....
Wasn't a good time to start, I take it you got laid off ??? Work is still around, but definetly quieter than usual. Advertise hard, and make sure you look after your clients, both price and service wise, you might then be able to build a good reputation

Hello Martisparky welcome to the forum. It is strange times at the moment. I know people that usually have work that don't and others that are flat out. I personally am quite busy. I don't know what the answer is. With interest rate to banks being the lowest rate ever yet they are not lending it. You have got to struggle on. Maybe try to get some sub contracting work.

Batty

hi there welcome to the best forum on the planet :^O

unlike those places that shall not be named :eek:

anyway, i started up over 3 years ago, and i am now finding it getting quite quiet out there, my phones deffo not ringing as much as it should be :(

Welcome to the forum MartySpark. Good luck with your assessment and your search for customers and work.

Doc H.

Welcome to the forums, I have just joined so I am new as well.

The work is very slow but follow the advise here and you will have an edge over your competitors.Shop around for your materials I have accounts with 4 suppliers and I play them off each other, nice and cheap! Dont be gready go in at the price you can least do it for and remember to add that bloody tax, you have to pay at the end of the year.