Hia guys shower problem, probably not electrical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have it on good authority admin that ad2 has a showered video of you, in fact it should b arriving in this mornings post box :)

Just a thought, but have you tried descaling the shower head? If it's scaled up the water flow might be on the cusp of acceptable / not acceeptable and the heating element might be cutting in and out as a result. Take off the shower head and run it without to see if it still cuts in and out.

My dad had this problem with his shower

Turned out the PCB had a loose solder connection on the microswitch. First time it went I re-soldered it. Next time the pcb mounting switch was fluffed.

Poor design - the plunger from the valve whacked the little pcb mounted switch in to next week. I am surprised it lasted this long.

I bought my dad a new triton shower (same connections - same locations) with NO pcb, only microswitches. Much more reliable

I had a problem similar to this and found that the hose was at fault (the lining had collapsed!!)
That is a fairly common problem. Some friends of mine recently moved into a house with a power shower which only delivered a trickle, they asked me to replace the pump but all it needed was a new hose.