Honeywell Training Course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ive done a honeywell course today and just thought id let you know how it was. im not the worlds best now but feel it was a good course and also feel i learnt a fair bit.

i would definatly recommend if your abit sketchy or would like to understand the workings of components etc.

the course cost

That sounds good, shame the Wolvo one is fully booked, but i could do Stoke or Brum later in the year and you get lunch!

I think I will get onto one of these courses.

ive done a honeywell course today and just thought id let you know how it was. im not the worlds best now but feel it was a good course and also feel i learnt a fair bit. i would definatly recommend if your abit sketchy or would like to understand the workings of components etc.

the course cost

you do get a cert just saying you attended and passed the training course, cant see why you couldnt say honeywell approved but probably need to check first.

the dinner was probably the best ive eaten this year, pork, apple sauce, stuffing, veg, 3 types of pots, chips, gravy, bread (i like my food!) and cheese cake for pudding. obviously there was another choice (veggie i think), but was good grub.

its mostly theory but they have alll the components to show you which have holes in the side etc so you can see the inner workings.

the practical was on test boards s plan and y plan, but also explained tyhe best way to test to make sure you have no back feeds ect, and also fault finding.

it was taken by 2 blokes, both very knowlegable and offered som e good advice.

like i said it helped me as it explained what, why and when so all makes a little more sence.

i was going to do it last year but it was fully booked in lincoln, so waited till this year. nearly didnt go as have soo much work on but was so pleased i did.

HTH Wayne

Nice one Monkey ive just rung to book but nearest time is October so waiting to see whether they can sort something earlier.

How much did you know about central heating before the course as i know very little so better get reading as dont want to look a numpty lol

Thanks again for the recommendation

If you are already wiring central heating systems theres not much the course can teach you. I enjoyed the course but TBH would have rather had the money from days work!

Did learn dont use stats with neons on y plans.

Its not alot of money so if you are short of work could be worth doing just for something to do.

+1 I'm Pretty clueless so booked up but earliest is October so have to wait abit. I fit quite a few spurs for boilers for my dads mate who's gas safe. I learnt sweet fa about central heating when doing levels 2&3 so need to start somewhere. Cheers again for the link monkey.

Nice one Monkey ive just rung to book but nearest time is October so waiting to see whether they can sort something earlier.How much did you know about central heating before the course as i know very little so better get reading as dont want to look a numpty lol

Thanks again for the recommendation
didnt know much at all and always had a panic when doing one, will feel abit better next time so in my eyes it was

Hey sounds good and there is one by me soon in Truro -

dinner was probably the best ive eaten this year, pork, apple sauce, stuffing, veg, 3 types of pots, chips, gravy, bread (i like my food!) and cheese cake for pudding.
wont need the sarnies this day!

Thanks monkey for the heads up mate.

It's worth doing just for the technical reference books you get given - makes fault finding much easier.

i did the course years ago, didnt really learn any thing but i have been doing hearting systems for 30 years, when i did it is was free but no lunch. if you are new to heating its well worth the fee now.

I did the course in 2009 - and reckon it is well worth the effort.

It bridges the gap between the electrics and the plumbing which isn't easily seen on any download I've come across - and the diagrams in the reference sections are first class - approaches the wiring more as a wiring schedule rather than those awful 10 way choc block layout diagrams which make your eyes go squiffy!

Thoroughly recommend!