How Are You Finding It

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewiz

Reaction score
Just a thought to see how busy everyone is in this present day?? 

is everyone finding more work now??? 

2 flat conversions on the go

detached garage on the go

lounge dinner on the go

32 landlord inspections to do

4 extractor fan installs

3 fault finding jobs

converted barn and extension in the new year

everyone I talk to at the mo are working 6 days a week

Rushed off my feet, working more than I really want to, not enough time to do my own stuff.

Without fail, it's the same every year, November and December just go mad.

Following the same trend, January and February should be quiet as usual. 

Ive never known it to be this busy at this time of year ever,

barring the usual rush jobs for christmas,,,,,,,

this year has been mad since september for me, but, I do , do a lot of subby work, and they are rushing me off my feet, 6days a week min just now just to keep up...

Well I can honestly say it hasn't been this busy for me at this time of year without travelling half the country for work for many a year, worked seven days a week for the past three month and it doesn't look likely to stop this side of Christmas. All signs are promising for new year also, luvvely Jubbly.

If you're too busy, you're not charging enough! ;)

Now using the rate to control the work I win & loosing the battle!!!

Don't take on bookings like many of you as what I do is different.

Got 5 projects on the go, one or two quotes out & more breakdowns that I can do at the moment, & some install work that I am looking to share with a subby just to keep up.

Having to work 6/7 days and I really don't want to.

Lost two jobs recently on delivery times, but got more to replace them.

Just had one client come back who complained about the rate I was charging, so they went elsewhere, when they came back, I put my rate up by 17% to them and then said I would go back and do more work for them.  They agreed, second job from them already in, and this was only a couple of weeks ago.

I do a lot of site subby work, and there is loads to do. When are prices going to rise tho? Earning same as ten years ago lol

I havent had anytime off for a while and this weekend......well me and the Mrs, not very happy with me working again and not taking her christmas shopping!

She had the claws out for me on saturday X(

I was just glad to do a  :run  off to work just for the peace and quiet!

I think they might all be the same, but I always tell mine she is special and one in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxx million! ]:)   :slap

Yes load on at the moment, I'm booked up through to February.

only one oven this December so far.