I Have Been Advised My Re-Wire Job Is Dangerous

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now then, now then, steady....  Steptoe - your suggestion of CAT 6 wiring - got some in - took OVER a week to nag and the project manager from the loft conversion co had to nag them to actually go in this Saturday just gone.... plasterers started yesterday.  The guys the electrician got to do the CAT turned up in a van with another name on and did the job really tidily.  Wish they'd been on it from the start so I am asking for them to come back after plastering is done.  Also not paying loft conversion co until it is done because electrician was their recommendation.  I discussed safe zones via silver boxes to him (as in where the hallway wires are) and he had not heard of current regs - said he'd been doing it this way for years.  Guys he sent Saturday have pulled all the wires through nice and neat....... it's just sad. OH AND GET THIS - the Director of the loft conversion company turned up to defend their work etc, with his son and the project manager and the building inspector to sign it all off and .............  :slap  the electrician  :slap  hadn't  :slap  finished  :slap  the second fix.  :Applaud  The building inspector was not amused.  :Salute

Glad its going to plan. 

default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
  :shakehead

Ive obviously missed something,  :C

as usual
They're taking the pi$$ out of my gmail address :) I have several 'disposable' gmail accounts with random quirky names which I use when they're likely to get picked up by the spam bots and crawlers and eventually I dump them.

If his email .com is true it will never fit on an avatar
My Avatar is Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers, he's probably also wellhung. ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still not finished.  I am going to upload some photos.  Today I was promised a Part P and when I complained that the electrician sent was on his mobile for most of the day his boss said I shouldn't be listening in to his conversations!  There have been 5 different guys on this job now and this last one is really weird.  He did something really rude the other day as well so the boss spark said to keep out of his way and let him get on with the job today and finish up.  Been back to the house and some light fittings still aren't on, he has chopped a wire too short.  There's no power to the bathroom yet the other lights are okay. I don't understand.  We paid 4K up front and I have paid £600 for 3 CAT points.  The whole job minus the CAT 6 is 5650 but with VAT on top. Now if I can just remember how to upload photos............ one thing is for sure, we want to get this job out the way and I wonder what you guys think about me paying for an extra test after receiving a Part P from this lot? 

Thank you.  Still can't work out how to upload photos...... trying to copy and paste but it won't work.  My friend just asked if we can move in without a Part P because we now have to move in next week otherwise we lose the sale of the house we currently live in.   :facepalm:

Legally you shouldn't move in without a building completion certificate, but that only applies to buildings that are having major alterations (under other building regs compliance applications) and new builds.... so if its only a rewire then there would be nothing stopping you.

One of the others can point you at instructions for uploading photos as I link to my photobucket account

Thank you.  Still can't work out how to upload photos...... trying to copy and paste but it won't work.  My friend just asked if we can move in without a Part P because we now have to move in next week otherwise we lose the sale of the house we currently live in.   :facepalm:
If you use the more reply options button, you then get some additional selections to browse and attach files:-

MORE REPLY.JPG

Attach files.JPG

Hope that helps?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator: